• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

V Reddy

International Debutant
Boy she demolished the US Open Champ today in the Dubai Open Tennis. She won 12 of the last 14 games and her forehand was at work today again. Kuznetsova was just overpowered.She rose from around 200 to 77 with this win in just 2 months. Just Incredible :cool: . Daniela Hantuchova too who was in comm box sounded very surprised and impressed by Sania as she was watching her for the first time.Go Sania !!!!

Biased Indian, did you hear the commentary. 14 forehand winners and Sveta was just overpowered. She has best forehand in women's tennis ( i said it during Aus Open and now too) . Those who must have watched todays match on Eurosport would be agreeing with that. I'd say top-20 within a year

biased indian

International Coach
Thier was not showing the game live but one of the local news channel showed the last game of the match.and what i could see ws that there was a large crowd supporting SM.she is 99 already and will move up a lot with 2 victories aganist very highly ranked players

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Its really awesome to see an Indian girl to do this well in tennis. Probably this will prove to be the impetus to get more Indians interested in tennis. Sania, for sure, will have lots of support in Dubai coz at least 50% of the population in the UAE is Indian and it will feel like she playing right at home :)

She beat the US open champ, thats so cool :cool:

V Reddy

International Debutant
biased indian said:
Thier was not showing the game live but one of the local news channel showed the last game of the match.and what i could see ws that there was a large crowd supporting SM.she is 99 already and will move up a lot with 2 victories aganist very highly ranked players
No i was referring to the live audio commentary offered online by eurosport.com . Sveta complained a few times about the crowd too to the chair umpire. Sania converted 6/6 brk points and that against a US Open champ is damn good especially for a new one on the block

V Reddy

International Debutant
ReallyCrazy said:
Sania, for sure, will have lots of support in Dubai coz at least 50% of the population in the UAE is Indian and it will feel like she playing right at home :)

She beat the US open champ, thats so cool :cool:
Even before Sania played her first match, the tournament director mentioned in a press release mentioned that they have been flooded with calls throughtout the world for info on Sania and that she should live up to their expectations.

Well she has certainly liived up to it and according to reports her matches were the most attended and today from hearing the commentary online i can say that it was like a Davis Cup final

ReallyCrazy

Banned
V Reddy said:
No i was referring to the live audio commentary offered online by eurosport.com . Sveta complained a few times about the crowd too to the chair umpire. Sania converted 6/6 brk points and that against a US Open champ is damn good especially for a new one on the block
well take it from me, UAE is little India

ReallyCrazy

Banned
biased indian said:
UAE is half india i have say some 100 people whom i know ,who is working in UAE ans specially in dubai and sharjah
yep lived an awesome 6 years in UAE myself. BTW ur a mallu eh? Mallus are a big population by themselves there. (I'm tamil)

I'd love to go back and work for a while.

biased indian

International Coach
ReallyCrazy said:
yep lived an awesome 6 years in UAE myself. BTW ur a mallu eh? Mallus are a big population by themselves there. (I'm tamil)

I'd love to go back and work for a while.
ya, i saw the last part of the game on a malayalam channel which is also brodcasted in dubai so they were showing the game in thier news channel

V Reddy

International Debutant
What is that Malyalam channel, biased indian? Wanna check it out too tomorrow or day after during Sania's match

biased indian

International Coach
V Reddy said:
What is that Malyalam channel, biased indian? Wanna check it out too tomorrow or day after during Sania's match
Asianet News, there is one Asianet which i think they might be showing in hyderabad its thier news channel

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shes obviously the best player India have had in ages (maybe ever??) but i dont think theres any need to get carried away yet...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
shes obviously the best player India have had in ages (maybe ever??) but i dont think theres any need to get carried away yet...
she is the best indian woman player ever(as opposed to best player ever) and yes, there are reasons to get excited about her prospects if you are an indian...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
nah not really dude. it's like Australia getting excited about their best ping pong player... sure he's the best around here but he's no good.

Deja moo

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
nah not really dude. it's like Australia getting excited about their best ping pong player... sure he's the best around here but he's no good.
Thats the difference mate. He might not be good, but Sania is. Becker, Serena, Navratilova, Amritraj all agree she is top 20 material.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Deja moo said:
Thats the difference mate. He might not be good, but Sania is. Becker, Serena, Navratilova, Amritraj all agree she is top 20 material.
sorry dude but Sania is still rated 97 and everyone's top 20 material if they work hard enough mate..

Oh and by the way Australia's best table tennis player Jian Fang Lay is ranked 79 and amongst the tennis world people think she's on the up!!!

Concentrate on getting ur billion people to build a good cricket and hockey team first... :D

Deja moo

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
sorry dude but Sania is still rated 97 and everyone's top 20 material if they work hard enough mate..

Oh and by the way Australia's best table tennis player Jian Fang Lay is ranked 79 and amongst the tennis world people think she's on the up!!!

Concentrate on getting ur billion people to build a good cricket and hockey team first... :D
Yeah ? And you stop stealing players from China ;)

Deja moo

International Captain
Which ignores the fact that the reason shes allowed to live in Australia is because she had those skills in the first place. I'm sure she wouldnt be welcomed by your government if she was some bum from the streets of an obscure Chinese village.