• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Second set for Falla - wow, who would've picked that! Only watched for ten minutes as the Portugal game took precedence on my TV set but Federer looks very average from that short period...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just because Federer losing the first two sets against Fella isn't enough of a surprise, Davydenko's also down two sets against Kevin Anderson (ranking of 95) on court 1. :wacko:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not that much of a surprise. I got money on Anderson :p

Davydenko poor record on grass + coming back from injury.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some ****ed up **** going on in sport tonight.

Portugal 7-0.
Federer 2-0 down.
Afridi 120 odd off 60 odd.

Half expecting West Coast to name Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls for next rounds match.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Not that much of a surprise. I got money on Anderson :p

Davydenko poor record on grass + coming back from injury.
Ah right, hadn't followed his form TBH.

3 break points for Falla...make that 2...1...deuce, much better from Roger. Odds on Roger temporarily suspended at the NZ TAB, Falla at $1.60. Edit: Odds all over the place, Falla now back out to $2.45.

Last edited:

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Come on Falla! Let's go for the straight sets here, almost certainly his best chance of the win. Would be unbelievably awesome if he could.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't help but feel that failing to break Fed when he had a chance will haunt Falla for the rest of his life.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Drat it. Falla will probably think that he missed four match points there. Still, hopefully he'll keep with and get a similar chance in the next set.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha the universe just could not allow Federer to lose in straight sets.

Falla had his chances. He will probably falla part now (pun fully intended)

I'm off to sleep boys. Tax Law exam tomorrow.

Hopefully I wake up with a Fed win and be richer. But if I don't, lol to the max.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Gosh, Falla 2-0 up in the fourth - pressure on Roger to hold now, and starts with a double fault. This is crazy stuff - odds basically even.