• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
I picked him first ;):p
Great minds think alike :)

It isnt far off to say both these players played close to perfect tennis. At the last some more unforced errors cropped up but it such a long match, its expected.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
c_eagle said:
The trophy will go to the winner of the Hewitt vs Roddick match.
i dont think it necessarily will. imo all three players are pretty much in equal running for it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
c_eagle said:
I just want to ask on what basis do you feel that. Do you rate Hewitt and Roddick so much more than Safin?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pratyush said:
Great minds think alike :)

It isnt far off to say both these players played close to perfect tennis. At the last some more unforced errors cropped up but it such a long match, its expected.
Hehe yes we do :p It was clear that Safin was always going to give Federer a fight because he was there mentally. Last year in the final he didn't believe he could win. After he played so well at the Masters Cup taking Federer to 20-18 in the tiebreak, he had self belief. That's all a man that athletic needs. He's a beast, and now that he believes, well the sky's the limit.

And regarding the match, the great shots these guys managed to pull off when they were match point and break point down blew my mind. Both Federer and Safin were just amazing. That lob by Safin match point down had me jumping out of my seat.
c_eagle said:
I know you're entitled to your opinion, but that seems extremely rash. Hewitt is literally on empty and is playing on guts alone, and Safin showed last year he can take it to Roddick.

Federer is the best, but Roddick, Hewitt and Safin are all viable for number 2. Its any man's tournament.

c_eagle

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jono said:
I know you're entitled to your opinion, but that seems extremely rash. Hewitt is literally on empty and is playing on guts alone, and Safin showed last year he can take it to Roddick.

Federer is the best, but Roddick, Hewitt and Safin are all viable for number 2. Its any man's tournament.
If I had to put my money on a winner, it would be either Roddick or Hewitt, there's no little box asking "why?" at the bottom of a betting slip.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
c_eagle said:
If I had to put my money on a winner, it would be either Roddick or Hewitt, there's no little box asking "why?" at the bottom of a betting slip.
How is that even relevant? I think what is odd, is not that you are tipping the winner of that match (hell, I tipped the winner of Safin/Federer to take the tournament), but you're saying it with such certainty. Its almost like you have that book with all future sporting results like in Back To The Future.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
c_eagle said:
No need to get defensive or into a slugfest :). Asked you the reason for your belief, some thing you feel strongly about. No one would ask you why when you bet but you wouldnt be insensible to put your money some where you wouldnt believe in.

c_eagle

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jono said:
How is that even relevant? I think what is odd, is not that you are tipping the winner of that match (hell, I tipped the winner of Safin/Federer to take the tournament), but you're saying it with such certainty. Its almost like you have that book with all future sporting results like in Back To The Future.
I am making a prediction, this is what I think will happen.

No need to get defensive or into a slugfest . Asked you the reason for your belief, some thing you feel strongly about. No one would ask you why when you bet but you wouldnt be insensible to put your money some where you wouldnt believe in.
You must have misread my tone, I wasn't getting defensive at all, just trying to explain my reasoning.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
c_eagle said:
I am making a prediction, this is what I think will happen.
So you don't have that book from Back To The Future? Damn, I was gonna ask who was gonna win Wimbledon because I usually make a bet with my mate on that right after the Aus Open. :p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i was sure federer vs safin would be a stunner and best match of the tourney...safin was really the only one who had a chance against an in-form federer....even when people were hyping up the federer vs agassi match, i was fairly sure it would be an easy win for federer...i hope now safin keeps it all together for the finals 'cuz if he is in top form, neither roddick nor hewitt will win against him however well they play...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If Hewitt wins against Roddick, i will collect a handsome $360 from only a $20 outlay on the Safin/Hewitt Final option...

So C'MON Lleyton

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know if anyone watches channel 7's Sunrise, but the weather guy - Grant Denyer (sp) looks like Hewitt's twin! :cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blewy said:
If Hewitt wins against Roddick, i will collect a handsome $360 from only a $20 outlay on the Safin/Hewitt Final option...

So C'MON Lleyton
Is it worth a small saver on Roddick at this stage?

At least enough to get your stake back?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im thinking of it.. however Andy is only paying $1.50 head to head vs lleyton so it wouldn't do alot of good...