• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dunno, he had a decent clay season last year and I thought he might string a couple of wins together here without too much being expected of him. Clearly didn't work out that way. Kohlschreiber is a tough draw for a first round, and he can play a bit on clay (he beat Djokovic at RG last year), but that scoreline is terrible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nalbandian gets over Youzhny in a clay court classic!

Was a set and a break down, and then up a break in the third, and then down a break and Youzhny was serving for the match.

But he ends up getting over the line in a tiebreak.

Tennis has missed him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great bet.

I didn't because I got on Nalbandian vs. Djokovic the previous night at similar odds, and Nalbandian's odds never fell because he was down a double break in no time :dry:

Got stupid, and didn't bet value last night thinking Novak was in form, and he does that.

How does the #2 ranked player in the world not know how to ****ing serve. Disgraceful.

At least Rafa is still a God on clay. Sooooooooooooooo good.

He'll wipe Verdasco off the court.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not wrong there.
What a clinic!

To beat Ferrero, Ferrer and then Verdasco in such a way consecutively on clay is ridiculous.

Those are 3 of the best 10 clay courters in the world.

He's a freak. Will win every tournament on clay this year barring injury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, I'm very happy with that move.

He needs to be more selective about his tournaments.

Good signs.

vcs

Ferrer vs. Verdasco, Soderling vs. De Bakker semifinal lineup in Barcelona.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah so excited to see him doing well. This likely puts him into the top fifty, and whilst I think he'll get done by the Söderking it has been a great week.

vcs

Yeah so excited to see him doing well. This likely puts him into the top fifty, and whilst I think he'll get done by the Söderking it has been a great week.
I think De Bakker could do well on grass as he serves and volleys decently (though movement comes naturally to so few on that surface that it is impossible to say at this stage really). Otherwise, I'd tip him to do well on fast/indoor HCs like Soderling himself.

I'm so impressed by Soderling's consistency these days, BTW. I thought the guy would go down as a one-hit wonder after last year's French Open run. Now he's playing like a top 3 player. Very impressive for a guy like him who plays a high-risk game.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. I was very worried he'd fall away quickly after the way he started the year, but he bounced back well in Rotterdam and has kept it up. He's come so far in a couple of years.