• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hisense Arena getting some kickass matches. Baghdatis vs. Ferrer going the distance after Ferrer was 2 sets and a break up!

Thank **** Channel 7 are showing this and not Stosur!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol'd at Ivanovic. Broke back twice in the 3rd to get it back on serve (4-5), had 2 game points at 4-5, but ended up losing the 3rd 4-6.

Dydl

International Debutant
Real bad cramping for Baghdatis. His supporters are carrying him massively though.

And wow, what a match, what a comeback.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Crazy match.

Ferrer 2 sets and a break up. Started showing signs of injury and Baghdatis never looked back.

Dydl

International Debutant
Stosur not choking as much in closing out that match, which you'd hope would be a good sign, but history indicates a bit differently...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I just realised that Hewitt (provided he beats Donald Young) vs. Baghdatis is almost definitely going to be the night match on Saturday night.

I'll be there! The atmosphere will be ****ing amazing.

YES!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lleyton Hewitt has a win/loss ratio of 1-15 in Grand Slams against top 4 players throughout his whole career.

Wow.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lleyton Hewitt has a win/loss ratio of 1-15 in Grand Slams against top 4 players throughout his whole career.

Wow.
Was Henman just seeded 4th in '02, but ranked say 5/6?

Pretty amazing at Wimbledon that year. Hewitt (1), Henman (4) & Sjeng Schalken (18) were the only 3 top 20 seeds to make it to the 4th round.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's going to be an awesome match Jono!

Did anyone see Venus play today?

I have a bit of a multi with her involved..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's going to be an awesome match Jono!

Did anyone see Venus play today?

I have a bit of a multi with her involved..
Yeah I watched Venus streaming on the net cos she was in a multi for me. She won in straight sets.

Power hitting, only kept the opponent in the game through errors.

Dellacqua vs. Venus will be a rout if she wins tonight. Yuck.

If the men's match is first I'd be tempted to leave afterwards if its Dellacqua vs. Venus :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I watched Venus streaming on the net cos she was in a multi for me. She won in straight sets.

If the men's match is first I'd be tempted to leave afterwards if its Dellacqua vs. Venus :ph34r:
Good to hear. I'm going for Venus and Verdasco to win the SLAM. Big ask for Fernando, but oh well.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

I don't think I want to ever watch Venus Williams and Sprem...