• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome guts and determination by Nalbandian. Came back 2 sets to 0 down in the unbelievably hot conditions, and in the end when he got a break up in the 5th his opponent had to retire hurt. I always thought out of all the seeded players, he was the most likely to lose in the first round because of his injury, and when he was 2 sets down I wasn't that surprised (but was disappointed), but good to see he came back.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guccione :( experience won out in the end. Rochus making the most of his match points, whilst the Gucc managed to squander his with several unforced errors trying to close it out with the biggun.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
deary me theres going to be some late matches, already 10.30pm and theres another mens match on after davydenko v roitman on that court which is only in the 3rd set as is.

Haas is on fox sports after Pratt finds a way to lose again.

Smart decision to basically move most of the womens matches to tomorrow, its probably easier for the women to play 2 days in a row than the men given how much time they spend on court.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hope Hewitt goes out in the first round.

Russel already a set up and a break up. Go Russel go. :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
deary me theres going to be some late matches, already 10.30pm and theres another mens match on after davydenko v roitman on that court which is only in the 3rd set as is.

Haas is on fox sports after Pratt finds a way to lose again.

Smart decision to basically move most of the womens matches to tomorrow, its probably easier for the women to play 2 days in a row than the men given how much time they spend on court.
Haas better win Simon. He's the only one left in a massive multi-bet I made. If he wins I'll be a very happy man. :D

Simon

Haas better win Simon. He's the only one left in a massive multi-bet I made. If he wins I'll be a very happy man. :D
he will, he was only paying $1.04 so i didnt bother.

I got a 4 leg multi yesterday and still got 2 alive today, im pretty confident.

Simon

Andy Murray must have played well, just noticed he only dropped 1 game against Albert Martin a guy who beat Hewitt at the Aus open a few years ago. That surprises me he won that easily...

Simon

at least Pratt is making this last set a quick and painless death, i say get off the court and get tommy out there...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
he will, he was only paying $1.04 so i didnt bother.

I got a 4 leg multi yesterday and still got 2 alive today, im pretty confident.
Yeah what I did with the multi-bet was put a load of super favourites which I was confident would win over the first two days (of which everyone has so far. I avoided Ivan Ljubicic because of a hunch I had) and then added some iffy ones such as Grosjean, Chela, Ginepri, Tathiana Garbin and Nakamura. All gone good so far which is great.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
at least Pratt is making this last set a quick and painless death, i say get off the court and get tommy out there...
:lol:
Andy Murray must have played well, just noticed he only dropped 1 game against Albert Martin a guy who beat Hewitt at the Aus open a few years ago. That surprises me he won that easily...
By the third set Martin was paying over $3 to hold his serve!!! Was ridiculous.

I too was surprised since Martin's got a decent record.

Simon

who do u bet through?
im with centrebet but it doesnt allow live betting for Australian customers over the net.

Gaston Gaudio has just gone out too, hes woeful anyway...

And would you believe it, only 1 match on fox sports now and thats the Luczak match, what a rip off...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
who do u bet through?
im with centrebet but it doesnt allow live betting for Australian customers over the net.

Gaston Gaudio has just gone out too, hes woeful anyway...

And would you believe it, only 1 match on fox sports now and thats the Luczak match, what a rip off...
Bet365, love it. Live betting console is awesome and extremely quick.

And wow @ Fox Sports showing Luczak. Surely quality of player should override nationality? Malisse vs. Clement would also be a decent watch.

Hey Simon, on 7 they just mentioned a 5 set match between Russel and Gustavo Kuerten back in the 2001 French Open. Just wondering what ever happened to Kuerten. He's ranked over 1000 now :confused:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh: Do tell if you find a TV channel which follows that maxim.
Lol true, but with tennis, I reckon nationality plays less of a part in ratings. I mean Safin clearly brings in the ratings far more than Luczak, and I reckon the same would be with Haas as well. No one is going to be up at 11pm watching Luczak on Foxtel ahead of Hewitt anyway if they're just watching the tennis to see an Australian play.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Fair point. Tennis ratings here are somewhere below absolute zero anyway. :p

Nieminen trailing by a break in the fourth set against some Goldstein. Hyvä Suomi!

Simon

Bet365, love it. Live betting console is awesome and extremely quick.

And wow @ Fox Sports showing Luczak. Surely quality of player should override nationality? Malisse vs. Clement would also be a decent watch.

Hey Simon, on 7 they just mentioned a 5 set match between Russel and Gustavo Kuerten back in the 2001 French Open. Just wondering what ever happened to Kuerten. He's ranked over 1000 now :confused:
Kuerten is back for one last crack this year, if it doesnt happen hes finished...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hewitt doing his best to make sure he gains all the headlines by putting in a somewhat dire performance, yet still managing to win.

Molik & Stosur were impressive though :D