• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oi, Oi, Oi

Australia hosting Spain in the Davis cup final over the next three days. already Australia in trouble with Hewitt losing the first set 3-6.

Hopefully Wazza and the Fanatics can get the Aussies through.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is 'Oi Oi Oi' the shorthand for 'love one' etc?

I watched the first set (Hewitt is making a better fist of things in the second set) and Ferrero played him off the court.

Mister Wright

That he did, but is playing much better now...oh as I type he puts one into the tape and throws the raquet. Ferrero missing a few more now...

Mister Wright

Hewitt smahes Ferrero in the 4th set tie-break 7-0. 2 sets all now 3-6 6-3 3-6 7-6 & Hewitt breaks 1st game of the 5th!

Mister Wright

AND THAT'S IT!!! Australia go 1-0 up against the Spaniards. Hewitt wins 3-6 6-3 3-6 7-6 6-2.

Let me hear you say....Aussie, Aussie, Aiussie....

Mister Wright

Craig said:
Aiusse Mr W?
Sorry mate...I've had a few beers in the stands (slurring my words and my typing). Unfortunately 'The Poo' has lost the first set to Moya, I'm hoping it will be a repeat of the first rubber.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
Lol yea..good fight from the spaniard anyway!
Ferrero isn't just any Spanish tennis player. He is (or was for a fair while) the world-ranked number one. I think he deserves a bit more respect.

nibbs

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ferrero isn't just any Spanish tennis player. He is (or was for a fair while) the world-ranked number one. I think he deserves a bit more respect.
word.

Poo doesn't stand a chance if he meets Ferrero in the reverse singles.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Good effort with the anthems, by the way :lol:
That was quite impressive.

Next year (if Australia play in Spain) I expect to hear the following

1. Tie me kangaroo down sport
2. 'Down Under' by Men At Work ("Traveling in a fried-out Kombie On a hippie trail, head full of zombie, I met a strange lady, she made me nervous" etc)
3. A tape of sheep bleating (note - this could also do for Wales and New Zealand)