• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
didn't get to see the game, but we have had one wierd season
You guys weren't even playing that first half. One of the worst halves of football I've seen in years.

Let's face it, 7-8 are just making up the numbers this year anyway. Top 6 are a long way ahead.

In other news, enjoy the spoon Parra. :thumbsup:

uvelocity

International Coach
I think it's less than 6 tbh, but in fairness to the tiges, although I had no idea at the time why anyone would take odds of $7 preseason for them to win the comp, if we made it to the finals, we are the kind of team who can win a few in a row and take it out.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's less than 6 tbh, but in fairness to the tiges, although I had no idea at the time why anyone would take odds of $7 preseason for them to win the comp, if we made it to the finals, we are the kind of team who can win a few in a row and take it out.
The Sharks are arguable, but the only team in the top 5 they haven't beaten is the Bulldogs so they're definitely capable. They just suffered a rough post-Origin period without Gallen and a few others.

The other 5 are all a chance imo.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah I had sharkies in my 8 as a darkhorse so got that one right. I suppose you are right. Hoping for a doggies bunnies gf itbt

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah; as much as the Tigers are a bit of a plastic side, I'm sure the top six sides are quietly happy that it seems like they'll miss out in favour of Canberra and Brisbane.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah; as much as the Tigers are a bit of a plastic side, I'm sure the top six sides are quietly happy that it seems like they'll miss out in favour of Canberra and Brisbane.
I'd rather play the Tigers than the Raiders right now. Tigers probably have more talent but they haven't put a performance as good as Canberra's on Friday this year. Isn't Farah gone for the season too? (Brisbane look shot tbf)

They could well end up jagging 6th and a trip down to Canberra on a cold Saturday night is about as tough as it gets.

howardj

International Coach
Timmy Sheens...

He's made the finals 3 times in the last 15 years (for most of that time, it's been a top 8 format)

How on earth does he always get reappointed?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So glad I don't follow the Warriors. Watching a team lose so many times from winning positions would be dire.