• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This I'm less certain about. Definitely the immediate future looks brighter, but who knows what could happen a few years down the line. Wrestlings next dip in popularity could be very bad for the WWE as we know it.
What I meant was better WWE programming = greater incentive for other feds to raise their game and keep their own programming strong tbh. A dip in wrestling popularity generally would obviously not be good for wrestling on the whole though, yeah.

Athlai

Not Terrible
WWE programming suffers a bit from having no real ad-free live option (AEW has Fite) and being so bloody long. But I guess it's the nature of the beast.

Was nice when the WWE network was in its prime.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah 3 hour RAW is dire tbh. Weird to think it's been that way for ten years already. If the rumours about Smackdown also going to 3 hours are true that's pretty bad news.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's also totally good news for wrestling in general tbh. Sounds like the TV shows that have aired since HHH was given all the power have felt significantly different (and better) than what has been offered up over the last few months etc. Might actually be tempted to start watching again if it keeps up.
Don’t be silly

Heboric

International Debutant
Didnt expect to see Naitch in AEW with all his past issues. For the love of god though dont make Stings last match vs Ric Flair :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Decent card lining up for WK

Though not sure I care about the main event. SANADA is zzzz and I don't love Naito enough for that match to work

The current card for Wrestle Kingdom 18 is:

- Shingo Takagi (c) vs Tama Tonga for the NEVER Openweight Championship

- Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the NJPW World TV Championship

- Bullet Club War Dogs (Connors & Moloney) (c) vs Catch 2/2 for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

- Not yet official: BISHIMON (c) vs Winner of World Tag League for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

- Will Ospreay (c) vs Jon Moxley vs David Finlay for the IWGP US(UK) ? Heavyweight Championship (A new title is going to be made for the match)

- Kazuchika Okada vs Bryan Danielson

- Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs El Desperado for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

- SANADA (c) vs Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hangman Page just stapled his kids finger painting on to Swerves face.

Then he drank Swerves blood and spat it out like HHHs entrance

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
man mjf sucks lol. his instincts are all wrong. send him to wwe so hangman and swerve can be on top

Spikey

oc/mox rocked coz they're great. hangman/swerve was amazing even with the ****ty finish. stat got to do cool suplexs. despite ladders matches nowadays being pretty mid, today's one was good. and there's then all this mjf bull****. it stinks!

and with all the live TV aew had this week, to not start this angle on either wednesday or friday suggests to me that they knew the audience wouldn't buy it, and so wouldn't buy the ppv. and that really is wwe ****.

Athlai

Not Terrible
MJF is great but don't think hes been ready to be THE guy, or THE main event. This stuff could've all been done with a secondary title while the Moxleys/Danielsons/Hangmans/Swerves feud for big gold.

Don't like MJF having a longer reign than Omega at all this early into his career

Spikey

the kindest thing I can say about mjf right now is that least he's not at the stage where he's having the rest of the card changed to suit his creative. because he surely knows that the hangman/swerve match was always gonna make all the nonsense all in his match look even stupider. going to ****ing hospital coz of a small brawl whilst hangman and swerve are drinking blood. good grief.

god the more I think about this the crankier I get. I'd love to know who came up this idea and when it got pitched. Not giving any hint of this to the buying audience is so ****ing chicken ****. Ultimately TK is responsible ofc.

Athlai

Not Terrible
TK and the producers do often seem to not realise how much **** can overlap or make stuff look weird on the card.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That Hangman/Swerve match was gross. I guess if you're going to do a Texas death match you may as well commit to it and go all in (heh). No point doing these things half-heartedly. But it's not my thing at all. Hard pass from me.

Aritro

International Regular
That Hangman/Swerve match was gross. I guess if you're going to do a Texas death match you may as well commit to it and go all in (heh). No point doing these things half-heartedly. But it's not my thing at all. Hard pass from me.
Yeah this. Gruesome, gratuitous, actually harrowing viewing. There was not a moment in the whole match when I didn't want it to be over ASAP, and amidst all the other savage violence, Nana can't have been too far from breaking his neck during that table spot.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I read your post so I watched the match and this is the same as last time (I think it was Kenny vs Moxley that time) where people told me it was brutal and it wasn't that bad at all.

It was lame as **** though, I'll say that.