• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I suspect Rusev will be made to look strong in the feud and the match itself, but I'd be amazed if Cena does not win clean and decisively. In my eyes it would not be a burial, as such, but if Rusev is to really get anywhere and make it to the next level this is the sort of match he really needs to be winning.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I reckon Sledger's right. But it would be a needless Cena win and Rusev loss, so I can only see Rusev winning it unless it's an absolute epic.

A wrestling school has opened near my house and I'm tempted to give it a try for the fun of it. Crazy cricketer gimmick anyone :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it's about time Cena started losing these sorts of matches. Should have really lost to Wyatt at WM last year tbh. He has nothing to gain from beating up and comers.

Anyway, andmark, you need to develop a forum troll gimmick imo.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cena v Rusev at Fast lane will end by DQ. And Rusev will lose at WM. I hope not, but can't see Cena losing. If he didn't do it for Wyatt, he aint doing it for Rusev.

andmark

International Captain
Looking forward to Itami vs Balor on NXT this week. Balor's early NXT career has been phenomenal and I dare say better than Owens's. There's just something magnetic about him what I can't put my finger on.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think it will be a burial. Unless you're more liberal with the term than me.
Yeah probably am. My problem with this is I don't see the point of the match if Cena goes over clean which is what a reasonable person would assume. Like andmark says, a loss for Rusev serves no purpose at this stage of his push. Would mark out big time if anything other than that happens.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If Cena's going over, you can bet your bottom dollar he's going over clean. I can't remember him ever winning a match in any other way, apart from in his early heel days.

Speaking of which, we don't get many tweeners at all these days, which is a shame. I loved the face Jericho character from around 2000, who would occasionally cheat massively, get disqualified and/or beat up refs when he lost his cool.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So to disagree with you all, if Cena had lost to all the people everyone thinks he should, what would be the point of him?

OverratedSanity

Will Cena be playing the mighty underdog for the 1000th time with this rivalry?
It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous isn't it? Punk nailed it in that epic promo when he said "You, like the Red Sox are no longer the underdogs, you're a dynasty. You are what you hate. You have become the New York Yankees". His entire gimmick is "not giving up". And guess what Rusev's finisher is? The camel clutch. That's right....a submission. There's no way Cena will lose. If they do it, maybe by Cena passing out or something, I'll be really glad. This Rusev thing is big right now. Ending it at WM would feel premature and him losing to Cena of all people would make me puke.

The sooner Reigns gets himself popular with the fans and begins his long title reign the better, because it'll finally free up Cena for a possible heel turn.

OverratedSanity

So to disagree with you all, if Cena had lost to all the people everyone thinks he should, what would be the point of him?
No one's saying he should lose to everyone. But him beating Wyatt last year was pointless. As it will if he beats Rusev. It just gives Rusev nothing to do. He's done if he loses.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't have as much of a problem as most people seem to tbh. I have no problem with him being booked strong, as like you allude to, that's kind of the whole point.

It's just that he really doesn't ever lose clean to anyone who isn't Brock Lesnar (and that time he lost to Bryan). I can actually think of more times HHH lost clean whilst still a full-time active wrestler than Cena, which is slightly worrying.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous isn't it? Punk nailed it in that epic promo when he said "You, like the Red Sox are no longer the underdogs, you're a dynasty. You are what you hate. You have become the New York Yankees". His entire gimmick is "not giving up". And guess what Rusev's finisher is? The camel clutch. That's right....a submission. There's no way Cena will lose. If they do it, maybe by Cena passing out or something, I'll be really glad. This Rusev thing is big right now. Ending it at WM would feel premature and him losing to Cena of all people would make me puke.

The sooner Reigns gets himself popular with the fans and begins his long title reign the better, because it'll finally free up Cena for a possible heel turn.
Doubt this will happen in any event tbh, because of merchandising etc...