• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Match was really good until the finish but the crowd being dead really hurt it, they have to shorten these shows if they want them to be genuinely memorable.

Very surprised Seth, Kofi and Becky won. I imagine one of them is getting screwed on RAW tomorrow.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure what to make of that match. Solid, but meh on the ending, expected more tbh. Leaning towards 3/5.

That show was a killer to watch due to its length. Either cut some matches next year or two nights please. When the biggest star of a match is Zack ****ing Ryder, you need to cop the **** on.

A lot of matches around the 3/5 mark for me,,,,Bryan v Kofi which was great the obvious exception. Unsure I could really rate any of the others higher.

5.30 am ****ing hell.....

Niall

International Coach
Nothing obviously awful on the show which is cool for a show so long, and pretty much all booking decisions make sense bar possibly Ali getting the jobber treatment in the rumble. Will need to reflect on it, and life choices which has me in the position i just watched a 7 hour wrestling show:laugh:

Niall

International Coach
Which might surprise people, Strowman was the biggest outsider to win tonight by a long shot betting wise.:unsure:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Best Mania since 31.

And like 31, it was a card that I don't think anyone had very high expectations for.

The card was not without fault obviously (too long, both overall, and the HHH match, and the various toilet break matches and no Kevin Owens even on the Pre Show), but the Kofi match/moment was great, especially seeing his kids in the ring at the end. WAG.

Also props to New Day with their work outside the ring. Their energy and engagement throughout really helped to make it feel like this **** mattered. Like the old school managers of the 80s. Match was booked perfectly. Thumbs up to everyone involved. 10/10.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good show. Genuinely marked out for Kofi and the Cena bit were the standouts for me.

Have a lot of work from home coming up, will try to get back into this.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently the finish to the main event was a botch, which would explain a lot.

Ref attempted to count the pin as if it was a shoot (as they are instructed to) but legit missed that Rousey's shoulders were up lol. . Match was actually meant to end with Becky tapping out Charlotte.

andmark

International Captain
It seems Joan Jett's performance was a huge upgrade from the usual good boy bland rap music Wrestlemania usually has.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Winner Take All -- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Becky Lynch

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

WWE Championship -- Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre.

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Triple H vs. Batista (No Holds Barred; Triple H's career on the line)

Intercontinental Championship -- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Finn Balor

United States Championship -- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

Women's Tag Team Championship -- Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) vs. Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. The IIconics

The Miz vs. Shane McMahon (Falls Count Anywhere)

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin (Farewell Match)

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black vs. The Bar vs. Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura

Raw Tag Team Championship -- The Revival (c) vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins

Cruiserweight Championship -- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Kevin Owens (eliminating Braun to win)

Women's Battle Royal: Lacey Evans (eliminating Asuka to win)

12/16.

Respectable.

andmark

International Captain
Unashamedly copy and pasted.

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton- Dodgy finish in some way
United States Championship -- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
Women's Tag Team Championship -- Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) vs. Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. The IIconics
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin (Farewell Match)- Cena to face Angle instead and win
SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black vs. The Bar vs. Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura
Cruiserweight Championship -- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese (Kickoff Show)

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Show): No idea
Women's Battle Royal (Kickoff Show): Asuka
3/12. Lolbad.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
United States Championship -- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio - think we may get Cena here and if so, he will win
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin (Farewell Match)
Cruiserweight Championship -- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese (Kickoff Show)

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Show): Strowman
Women's Battle Royal (Kickoff Show): Asuka (dark horse for unannounced person that would win - Baszler)
10/16

Niall

International Coach
Yeah agree Lashley should keep the contacts.

Why was Lacey fav for the ladies battle rumble? I see Sledger tipped her and most of the UK betting companies had her strong fav to win until a few hours before it started.:unsure:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah agree Lashley should keep the contacts.

Why was Lacey fav for the ladies battle rumble? I see Sledger tipped her and most of the UK betting companies had her strong fav to win until a few hours before it started.:unsure:
Lacey Evans has been randomly getting built up for months, and her winning a battle royale that doesn't really matter at all, seemed fairly likely.

But no, she just continued to do her random entrance thing way later on in the show to "tantalise" the crowd. Because Vince for all his good decisions makes about four rubbish ones.

Niall

International Coach
Fair enough I suppose. I doubt Vince and booking think about who will win that match for to long. On reflection, Mella seems an obvious winner, but that is aftertiming at its worst.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why in the world would they jebait the crowd with Kofi vs. Rollins winner takes all, only to be broken up by the bloody Bar for a tag match ending.

Insanity

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Because if either of them lost the building would have been razed to the ground

Thought "this has ****ed finish written all over it" to myself as soon as it was announced

Athlai

Not Terrible
Because if either of them lost the building would have been razed to the ground

Thought "this has ****ed finish written all over it" to myself as soon as it was announced
A ****ed finished could be fine if it isn’t a mid tier tag from Smackdown. I love the Bar guys but them of all people? It’s almost as bad as having the Revival do it.

Have it be Undisputed Era. Or Sami. Or even bloody Lars.