• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Meltzer gave Omega vs. Okada 6 stars, and Naito vs. Omega 5.75. Is there anyone here who hasn't watched the Omega Okada trilogy?

Mike5181

International Captain
I haven't actually watched the third one yet but the Naito/Tanahashi trilogy this year has been stupidly great as well. I thought Meltzer underrated their first two matches slightly, but looks like he went the full five this time.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alvarez pointed out something that I can totally see now upon replay: the table/piledriver spot went as they had exactly planned. watch what the wrestlers and young lions do in the seconds prior to the spot starting

Athlai

Not Terrible
Alvarez pointed out something that I can totally see now upon replay: the table/piledriver spot went as they had exactly planned. watch what the wrestlers and young lions do in the seconds prior to the spot starting
No way, that's madness

Spikey

The Young Lions and Naito/Omega were all pushing the guard rail back in the exact spot where they landed. And I don't see any reason to be pushing that guard rail back. It's absolute madness, but so is a lot of the stuff they're doing, and in a way it's more sensible than the idea that these guys randomly botched a piledriver that for some reason was happening in the early stages of the match. I def think it's a plausible thing. Particularly given they did the DDT rope thing which was 100% a planned spot made to look botchy,

Mike5181

International Captain
I think they would've moved the guard rail back regardless if it was a planned spot or not because it was right next to the table. The impression I got was that Naito just slipped on the cloth, but he did remarkably well to protect Kenny afterwards.

Mike5181

International Captain
That Naito/Tanahashi match was great btw. As good as the Omega/Okada matches are, it's kind of refreshing to watch a match where you're not worrying about the performers killing themselves.

Tanahashi just seems to have this knack for picking the right moments to pick the pace up in matches, or drag things out when the match needs it.

Spikey

Ok we're wrong, Meltzer confirmed it was a botch on todays WOR.
Kinda. On the first WOR, Bryan said it and Dave totally agreed, but then for the newsletter he was treating it as if it was a botch. I haven't listened to the most recent WOR, but I'm siding with Bryan here. Like he said, how do you miss a frickin' table? Planned botch just makes more sense imo. (Went 'exactly planned' was perhaps hyperbole on my part)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Kinda. On the first WOR, Bryan said it and Dave totally agreed, but then for the newsletter he was treating it as if it was a botch. I haven't listened to the most recent WOR, but I'm siding with Bryan here. Like he said, how do you miss a frickin' table? Planned botch just makes more sense imo. (Went 'exactly planned' was perhaps hyperbole on my part)
On thr newest WOR he made it seem as though he got information from someone that categorically stated it as a botch, He then discusses it and Alvarez didn't challenge. Seeing as he's close with the Elite, I'd tend to trust it.

Last edited: