• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

King Pietersen

International Captain

What was that? After Goldberg's awesome promo last week, I was expecting a good retort from Heyman, but man did that suck. Never seen a Heyman promo so bad.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, very samey. Always strikes me as a waste of a Lesnar appearance to fly him in just to stand behind Heyman and do nothing, then leave. At least the match at the end ought to be good/different though. I can't imagine Goldberg is going to allow himself to be thrown around like a rag doll for 15 minutes.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wtf? I think that's the first time I've ever seen an actual bad Heyman promo. Even if it follows the usual template of "Brock Lesnar the CONQUEROR blah blah blah", his delivery is always on point. He was constantly stumbling over his words here, which never happens.

Anyone wanna bet Vince was in his ear?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Smackdown is just so so much better than Raw. It feels like the Attitude era, not in content but in how everyone is doing something interesting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I wouldn't describe the Attitude Era like that at all tbh.

Anyway, apparently VKM absolutely hated the Lesnar/Heyman segment yesterday, particularly the way the crowd revolted and started with the Goldberg sucks chants. Totally blew his led and cut the segment short apparently, which might go some way to explaining its urgh-ness.

Athlai

Not Terrible
TBF my "attitude era" experience is from very late 1999, had poor reception on the channel that had WWF so I always just watched WCW as a kid. Made an effort to fix the reception after Jericho switched.

I had strong opinions on pretty much the whole roster back then. Loved Jericho, Kane, The Rock, Too Cool, The Radicalz (Benoit most of all), the Hardy's and Lita, the Dudleys, Undertaker (though significantly less than Kane), Angle, Chyna.
Love-Hate Austin, never MY guy but always entertaining
Hated Edge and Christian. HHH, Big Show, T&A (all 3) and Vince

I just felt almost pretty consistently involved in matches, there weren't a lot of times where it was two guys or two teams wrestling I didn't give a **** about one way or the other.
Smackdown is just full of programs I care about, Miz/Ziggler, Rhyno+Slater, Ambrose/AJ/Cena, Wyatt, Becky, Nikki/Carmella, God I think I'm even coming round to the Hype Bros.
Raw though... It's kind of all just mildly interesting. Only Jericho feels especially entertaining to me. I'm now watching Raw on YouTube and Smackdowns full episode +Talking Smack.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah fair enough. I guess it's just easy to forget that much of the attitude era was pervaded by total junk. Take a look at the undercards from the PPVs before the Radicalz showed up. Most of those guys/matches wouldn't even get on Main Event these days. Naked Mideon etc...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh cool they had the women headline for the first time and completely ****ed it up by, you know, refusing to admit they were doing it

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah thought the women's match was very good. Natural selection after being thrown on a table a couple times didn't quite feel like a good enough finish though. Loved all the chair spots.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty good show on the whole. Cell matches are a bit of a tired concept in some ways these days (i.e. they're basically just like any other no DQ match but with a few spots that involve people being thrown against some chain link fence), but the people involved in the matches did a good job of keeping it interesting on this occasion.

Really really like the Jericho/Owens dynamic. Such a great bad guy combination. Too bad I guess they're probably going to break them up sooner rather than later.