• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So the List of Jericho promo was totally a rip-off of the Man of 1004 Holds promo, and after Enzo/Cass come in and start dropping names, Jericho says something along the lines of "what is this, 1998?" -- 1998 being the year of said Malenko parody promo.

He really is the GOAT.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A few thoughts from RAW.

Really like the way they have proper divisions these days (though I'm not convinced it will last for all that long, but hey), where the commentators actually pay attention to the weight of the competitors and so on. Makes the whole thing feel so much more legit.

Also, I like how when they have the cruiserweights on the set goes all purple. Reminds me of (admittedly the dark days) Nitro.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Loving this Jericho run. Is hilarious in every single segment. I bet theres some kids out there that really hate him too.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few thoughts from RAW.

Really like the way they have proper divisions these days (though I'm not convinced it will last for all that long, but hey), where the commentators actually pay attention to the weight of the competitors and so on. Makes the whole thing feel so much more legit.

Also, I like how when they have the cruiserweights on the set goes all purple. Reminds me of (admittedly the dark days) Nitro.
The actual presentation of the crusierweights sucked but hey we knew it would be totally different from the show.

my gut feel was that Ibushi should have won the CWC anyway because the actual winner would not be treated with any respect (because WWE hates it's champions) on Raw, and then you book Ibushi at WM and so in the meantime they're forced to at least try to put some effort into the division/one guy. Obviously Vince wouldn't be into that idea, but given they've already not shown TJP on the debut of the division....

Athlai

Not Terrible
The actual presentation of the crusierweights sucked but hey we knew it would be totally different from the show.

my gut feel was that Ibushi should have won the CWC anyway because the actual winner would not be treated with any respect (because WWE hates it's champions) on Raw, and then you book Ibushi at WM and so in the meantime they're forced to at least try to put some effort into the division/one guy. Obviously Vince wouldn't be into that idea, but given they've already not shown TJP on the debut of the division....
I reckon they didn't show TJP because of the massive bruises he had on his chest from the final.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm really hoping we get a Y2J/Reigns feud out of this.

Seems like the realistic upper-mid card heel for him to feud with.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
man rollins has come so far. instead of being the heel in the same type of the match, he's the face. what a transformation, what flexibility from WWE!

anyway, only saw the last 10 minutes plus Cesaro's dive. hopefully his dive finally makes them re-consider their love for suicide dives, which are surely as dangerous as a normal piledriver or brainbuster, and frankly don't look as cool when they're diving into a sea of cement instead of a crowd or barricades (admittedly this one did go near the barricade and was probably why it was botched)

I do hope they're not planning on a Sheamus/Ceasro tag team

Athlai

Not Terrible
So it looks like HHH is probably only going to appear around Survivor Series or something to presumably build towards a HHH vs. Rollins WM match. Would be ****ing awesome if this were the case.

Reckon Reigns will be the one to take the belt from KO, don't think they'll give us the Zayn fairy tale just yet and the McMahon/Helmsley screwing of Rollins needs to continue. Hoping Reigns drops the belt to Jericho either at HIAC or by Survivor Series, if not just on a Raw in a multi man match. Think he'd have a great run with it at the moment, and the longer he has it the better for whatever young bloke ends up taking it from him, hopefully at Wrestlemania.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
man rollins has come so far. instead of being the heel in the same type of the match, he's the face. what a transformation, what flexibility from WWE!

anyway, only saw the last 10 minutes plus Cesaro's dive. hopefully his dive finally makes them re-consider their love for suicide dives, which are surely as dangerous as a normal piledriver or brainbuster, and frankly don't look as cool when they're diving into a sea of cement instead of a crowd or barricades (admittedly this one did go near the barricade and was probably why it was botched)

I do hope they're not planning on a Sheamus/Ceasro tag team
I actually wouldn't mind that. They clearly don't have any other plans for them that are worth a damn (after all, a best of seven series generally has always generally been code for "we don't care enough about you to write content for x weeks of tv shows"). And the tag divisions aren't exactly creaking under their own weight.