• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

indiaholic

International Captain
There has been a few views I have heard about how the attitude era is back. We are seeing a lot of aggression ahead of Mania and I guess they will continue that for a while given the ratings were going down till a month or so back. I don't think a lot is going to change even with Shane back. This is the wwe, afterall. I can see the product being a bit better though as they try to get ratings up. The psychology can be that the attitude era was big for wwe. I hope we see more action and less blood though. Just putting more blood doesn't translate to great story telling always.
I think some good backstage story telling will help. Enjoyed the Ambrose/Brock ambulance thingy.. I remember being legit into the SCSA/Kurt Angle feud where SCSA throws Kurt's medals into the river and then Kurt kidnaps him and tries to throw Stone Cold into that river.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was that the first time someone has laid hands on Saxton?

It kind of shocked me. I think I've started to associate him as the voice of children fans so it was pretty shocking to see him get manhandled a little. Also I've noticed in the last two weeks they've stopped being mean to him quite as much.

Beating helpless people definitely an under-utilised tactic for heels IMO.

indiaholic

International Captain
What proportion of the viewing audience are kids? Or is that the wrong way to look at it, as people who become fans at a young age tend to be fans for life?

Niall

International Coach
What proportion of the viewing audience are kids? Or is that the wrong way to look at it, as people who become fans at a young age tend to be fans for life?
Viewing is still dominated by older dudes, the corporate line is about 25% of the viewers is below 18, but that is something that has been dismissed by the likes of Alvarez and the rest for a while, true number probably closer to 20%. but heh can't blame them, they want to appeal to advertisers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No idea but not many over 18s are buying action figures, replica belts etc etc

An adult at a wrestling show sells a ticket. A kid at a wrestling show equals two.

Kids=$$$$

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Action figures are insanely expensive now. A lot of it is bought by adults. On a different note I am not sure the thought process behind it analyses target audiences too much. It might just be a case of, hey the attitude era improved ratings when they were plumetting, let's bring some aggression in our product and let's see.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Action figures are insanely expensive now. A lot of it is bought by adults. On a different note I am not sure the thought process behind it analyses target audiences too much. It might just be a case of, hey the attitude era improved ratings when they were plumetting, let's bring some aggression in our product and let's see.
Don't know about that mate. Collectable series maybe but they are generally a tenner each and sold in toy shops

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I see. I do wonder what the WWE fan demographics are. I suppose a lot of them would be younger rather than older as WWE has mostly catered to that demographic in the past 10-12 years at least.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol bray is going from losing to Brock at WM to losing to Brock on a network special

Athlai

Not Terrible
lol bray is going from losing to Brock at WM to losing to Brock on a network special
Yup. Though he will probably lose by DQ after Wyatt interference and he f5s the whole family.

Sigh.

What's the best case scenario for Bray come mania?

Roman vs. HHH
Brock vs. Dean
AJ vs. Styles (rumoured)
Undertaker vs. Shane

The biggest faces who aren't already in a WM match are Kalisto, Big Show, Kane, Ziggler, Ryback and Neville.

None of which would make any sense. Bray vs. Luke Harper may as well happen. More interesting than any other combination.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thinking re the other matches on the mania card:

With so many tag teams, a four tag team championship match maybe

Money in the bank - not sure who all will take part

Miz v Ziggler I would like to see a good ok' retirement match but I guess that is unlikely to take place.

NXT championship match on main card hopefully..

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yup. Though he will probably lose by DQ after Wyatt interference and he f5s the whole family.

Sigh.

What's the best case scenario for Bray come mania?

Roman vs. HHH
Brock vs. Dean
AJ vs. Styles (rumoured)
Undertaker vs. Shane
Would be impressive tbh