• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It isn't accurate to say that Cena's 15 mean less than Austin's 5 just because he's won it more. The real problem is too many ****ing people won world championships and were then psuhed back down the card to be made to look like chumps. I mean, Ziggler and Swagger have been world champs ffs, and Sheamus is a 2-time WWE champion (!). In the 80s and the monday night wars period, they had 4-5 legit top tier superstars who people bought as champions. Virtually every guy who won the belt in those days was positioned as the top guy (Hogan/Austin/Bret/Rock), or if not, went on to become a massive star (Jericho/Angle). The title is bound to mean less when guys like Sheamus and Miz (I loved him as heel but come on) win it and soon after losing it are working so far down the card as to become a bit of a joke. It's just too crowded.

Spikey

are they counting only wwe title champios, or are they including world heavyweight champions in that as well

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Austin's reigns all came in a three and a half year period.
The shortness of Austin's peak is incredible. You can make an argument that he's the GOAT, and yet we lost so much of his career because of his neck injury. WAG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, the big gold belt was basically the equivalent of the old IC title from about 2006 onwards tbh.
Later than that I would say. Was around the time Swagger won it (underrated title run that imo) that it became a junior world title really, though. Was the Raw world title 08-09 at least

OverratedSanity

Yeah WHC around 07-09 was handled pretty well. There were some amazing feuds for the belt... Edge vs Undertaker, Undertaker vs Batista, Jericho vs HBK (only one title match though), Punk vs Hardy were all around that time and none of them were like Sheamus or Jack Swagger's reigns. It was definitely after 2010-11 or so that it became really inferior.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, fair cop. It's almost always been the secondary title though imo, even if that didn't become really evident until a few years ago.

I've made this point before, but (despite there being one or two exceptions to the rule), they never let anyone who wasn't very much the top guy in the company, or at least damn close to it, hold the WWE title. With the exception of perhaps the Miz and Sheamus, it was always guys who were either proven long term big draws or those who were very obviously pencilled in as being future long term stars who were given that particular strap.

That's not to say that some of the guys who held the WHC were not bona fide stars, but a lot of those who held it would definitely be described as B+ players if they were put in storylines with the Authority.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Miz and Sheamus are hardly total mugs either. Both have been top tier at moments. Miz is probably one of the best heat generators in the company.

OverratedSanity

Miz and Sheamus are hardly total mugs either. Both have been top tier at moments. Miz is probably one of the best heat generators in the company.
I'm not talking about how good or bad they are. More about how they're not even close to being at or close to the main event for any substantial length of time. They've both been midarders for the majority of their runs. You look at guys like Rollins/Punk/Bryan and you buy them as main event champs, Swagger, Sheamus and Miz? Nah.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm not talking about how good or bad they are. More about how they're not even close to being at or close to the main event for any substantial length of time. They've both been midarders for the majority of their runs. You look at guys like Rollins/Punk/Bryan and you buy them as main event champs, Swagger, Sheamus and Miz? Nah.
Sheamus has definitely been at the top of the card for a prolonged period. No way is he in the same boat as Swagger or Miz.

Athlai

Not Terrible
*not saying Sheamus is considered Cena/Orton/Punk level. Which is effectively ATG card from WWE perspective.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bleh. He was there for a bit but don't think anyone buys him as a top guy. Never been over enough either.
Should Sheamus be consistently in the WWEWHC mix? No. Should he be occasionally? Sure.
Miz also makes sense to me from the standpoint of charismatic heels can pretty much get away with anything.
Swagger? Would prefer Mark Henry or another midcard jobber who has actually done years of fine work to have been given that opportunity.