• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Shri

Mr. Glass
WWE.com has an interesting article up regarding Wrestlemania undefeated streaks. And apparently, now that the Undertaker has been beaten, of all the guys who are still active (or at least semi-active) apparently RVD has the longest undefeated stream at Wrestlemania. Quite an interesting stat.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Btw, the "John Cena Sucks" chant in WWE's last England tour sung by fans along with the trumpet sound in his theme was legendary. Disappointed that it didn't take off and become a part of his theme forever like Kurt Angle's theme.

Was done in Brooklyn as well apparently.:laugh:

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So this is my first WM. I was a wrestling fan when back when I was a kid but I haven't had foxtel since I was 8, and we never got the PPVs (!), so I lost touch with wrestling. I only got back on board when I got WWE2k14 for like 25 bucks mid last year and started reading this thread every day. So I'm pretty excited for WM just coz of that factor. here are my thoughts on the card.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Obviously Sheamus is gonna probably win this. I just hope Big Show and Kane are eliminated early/quickly, without any ****ing super punches, and we get to see some guys who haven't had much of a chance stay in there for awhile and do some cool stuff. As it is, Zack Ryder will get eliminated by Big Show. Still, Im gonna hate watch the **** out of this one.

AJ Lee & Paige vs. The Bella Twins - Paige 4evr. Most interested in the length of the match. They better get at least 10 minutes and all get a chance to kick butt. As long as that happens Im cool with whatever happens.

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
- Rollins I hope. Think it makes more sense too. This angle feels a little off to me. I get that Orton was basically forced out of the Authority by golden boy Rollins, so I get why on his return they'd be beef between the two, but the thing just doesn't really seem to fit too well. I think it's probably coz Rollins still has the briefcase. We all know Rollins has a bigger picture lying ahead of him (I assume he won't cash in until 1-2 months after WM). It'd be kinda bonkers to have Rollins lose to Orton here. Rollins should really dominate like Brock did to Cena and finish the whole thing. Plus it'd further isolate Orton from what he used to be, which could only be good.

Rusev vs. John Cena - RUSEV 4evr. Pretty pumped for this. That promo we talked about kinda did a good job showing that Cena does push people over, although not often clean, so I wouldn't be surprised if Rusev won in dubious circumstances, although I suppose we did that last month. Btw, what the hell is with WWE having Lana film some stupid month a month before WM? Talk about butchering the lead-up. anyway this should be fun although i dread the usa chants

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt - I just can't wait to see what the Undertaker looks like. He better not show up on raw tomorrow. Really, once that's happened and I've seen Taker move around a bit, I'm over this match. So I hope it's a quick match and if Taker loses, he loses quickly. I liked Sledger's angle, but I doubt it happens.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match - probably the match I'm looking forward to the most. But..it seems really weird that the match Daniel Byran is appearing on is a ladder match. I mean, he just broke his neck or whatever. Oh well. Major love for most of the guys in this, although I hope someone is taken away on a stretcher reasonably early on (and doesn't return) to bring down the numbers a bit. Come on down Luke Harper! Any of DB, bad news barrett, dean ambrose or dolph winning would be fine by me. It has to be DB though doesn't it? Just so the Daniel Bryan chants don't flow through the remaining matches on the card

Sting vs. Triple H -
Anything other than a Sting win would be totally nonsensical. Surely Sting simply has to win this.
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - Obviously Lesnar throwing Reigns around like a ragdoll for 20 minutes is what I want. It probably won't happen. Reigns will win unless Brock signs a new deal between now and then, and i suppose a good thing about that is that it'll offer a good angle for Rollins and his cash in (which again i assume won't happen anytime soon). Vince would have to be straight up insane to book DB to lose and RR to win though. So if DB loses his match I'm switching to Brock likely winning. Please destroy him Brock.

and finally, i look forward to complaining about the commentators

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
AJ Lee & Paige vs. The Bella Twins - Paige 4evr. Most interested in the length of the match. They better get at least 10 minutes and all get a chance to kick butt. As long as that happens Im cool with whatever happens.
I really, really would not get your hopes up. The WM Divas match is almost always just treated as a toilet break, and if they need to cut anything from the show to fit in some dire musical performance by someone who was semi-popular 5 years ago then this will be target number one.

Good to have your thoughts though Spikeh. Gun that reading this thread has got you into things.

Spikey

I really, really would not get your hopes up. The WM Divas match is almost always just treated as a toilet break, and if they need to cut anything from the show to fit in some dire musical performance by someone who was semi-popular 5 years ago then this will be target number one..
I know, but that's basically the thing I'm most interested in me. It seems to me there's desire from a heap of fans to, you know, "give the divas a chance", and it'll be interesting to see if anything changes on this front. Of course, the flipside is that given AJ's comments the other week during the #GiveDivasaChance thing and that it was probably Paige who talked to someone about being annoyed that NXT divas get better matches means they might lose in 3 minutes with Cole talking about some ****ing lame "trending" topic or whatever. But still, that's why the duration of the match is so interesting to me

Spikey

funnily enough, i just ordered it. I doubt it'll be better than wwe2k14. the defeat the streak mode was pretty ****ing fun.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I really, really would not get your hopes up. The WM Divas match is almost always just treated as a toilet break, and if they need to cut anything from the show to fit in some dire musical performance by someone who was semi-popular 5 years ago then this will be target number one.
I dunno they actually have reacted lately to give divas a chance hashtag baby by having longer matches on TV.

Unfortunately the Bellas suck which makes me wish the matches were shorter. But Paige/AJ are both awesome so it could be decent.

RE Rollins V Orton. I think Rollins wins too unless they do actually plan on having him cash in. If that's the case id expect him to lose. Opens a few stories up, him losing his first match and walking out champ a la Bret 94. Or to put it another way, if Rollins loses I'm gonna be expecting a cash in. And likely be disappointed lolz

Will write my full predictions later in the week

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How is cena the main man when so many ****s hate him. I get it's the minority but still, he's one of the biggest wwe stars ever. So weird. Understand different crowds nowadays to Hogan and Austin but Fmd you barely heard a boo with those guys.

Last edited: