• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Mike5181

International Captain
Ospreay's matches are also too long. He's had one singles match less than 10 minutes since 2020. I feel like that just doesn't make sense for supposedly one of the best wrestlers in the world. Like it shouldn't take you 20 minutes to put away a tag team wrestler like Kyle Fletcher. 47 minutes for Michael Oku back in February, Tristan Archer, Robbie X, Leyton Buzzard, etc.

It hasn't been as egregious in AEW because the opponents are higher quality but it does all just seem to be baiting high praise and match ratings.

Heboric

International Debutant
AEW might have signed Kamille Brickhouse, I guess a replacement of Jade Cargill so to speak. Similar type build, but also not so great on the mike. Good for her, she deserved better than those bingo halls she was appearing in.

Speaking of Ospreay, even though I think the draft is so damn lame nice to see his ex being drafted to Smackdown. Always had a soft spot for Blair Davenport / Bea Priestley. Lets just hope she is not there just to get cake thrown in the face...

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Eh, I am not sure The Rock and Vince Russo are the best people to hear from re: WCW going down the tubes tbh. I mean Russo had a pretty big hand in it, but the last thing anyone needs to hear is him blaming everyone apart from himself, "bro".

Athlai

Not Terrible
WCW was killed by Ted selling his company. The show would've lived on as **** as it was pretty comfortably otherwise

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Alvarez's book on the death of WCW is pretty much the final word on this topic anyway tbh. Not sure why, more than twenty years after the question of why WCW ****ing tanked was already answered, it is being dredged up again. Maybe a Rock vanity project I guess.

Aritro

International Regular
Just catch up on the Swerve vs Take****a match from the other month. Dunno about this move, possibly of Japanese origin. Might wanna retire that forever.

Attachments

Aritro

International Regular
Also I've just seen Meltzer gave the Ospreay vs Danielson match six and a half stars and it's rated 9.71 on Cagematch. It's all a bit much isn't it? It was a good match but nothing more I thought. It's all subjective obviously, but I don't understand it.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Also I've just seen Meltzer gave the Ospreay vs Danielson match six and a half stars and it's rated 9.71 on Cagematch. It's all a bit much isn't it? It was a good match but nothing more I thought. It's all subjective obviously, but I don't understand it.
It depends what you are looking for in a wrestling match I guess. Meltzer loves long, modern matches where the emphasis is on lots of workrate and athleticism. So Danielson/Osprey is perfect for him I guess. I don't follow Cagematch ratings but I guess the users there must love the same sort of stuff.

Like you I thought it was good but doesn't exactly hit the sweet spot. It all depends what everyone's idea of a "great" pro wrestling match is.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe I am overthinking this, but I kinda feel Backlash being the "biggest arena gate" in company history isn't quite the flex WWE thinks it is...

Given they have run arena shows with way bigger attendances before, this seems to me to essentially be code for "we made ticket prices ****ing sky high for this one". Not sure how I would feel about that as someone who actually went to the event lol.