• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dead set Caddy's going go from playing with one of the greats to the worst ever Brownlow winner

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I remember Essendope going hard for Caddy.

Caddy hasn't come on. He, Guthrie and Duncan are all teases. But Richmond don't really have a choice. Not copping Motlop.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, Guthrie doesn't deserve to be put in the same group - he's the unselfish guy who has to go around plugging gaps everywhere.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dunno, I'm kind of over Ling pumping him up when he has a good game as if he's arrived though. You'd know him better than me obviously so I'll back you in though.

Spikey

AFL Trades 2016: Hawks build war chest as Jordan Lewis trade looms

although it doesn't say it, those first two paragraphs sum what's wrong with the afl salary cap imo. teams always find a way to make it work out for them. there's so much flexibility. the hawks could sign Ty Vickery, Mitchell and O'Meara and still be able to keep Mitchell and Lewis. They should be having to remove Mitchell and Lewis to fit in those three, instead removing those two allows them to front load a bunch of contracts and instead sign a big free agent in 2017.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can someone explain to me for what reason Carlton and Collingwood get the first match with all the promotion comes with it? Should have been Footscray/Melbourne if it was to be Victorian teams.

Bennyfishel

Cricket Spectator
Ben Cousins and Georgie Best should have spent time in jail for robbing the public of 10 years of their entertaining value,it is shameful of both of them,...Best was undoubtedly the greatest soccer player of all time,and Cousins was amongst the best 5 AFL players ever to play. Boose & women ruined Best,whilst drugs ruined Cousins.

Spikey

Can someone explain to me for what reason Carlton and Collingwood get the first match with all the promotion comes with it? Should have been Footscray/Melbourne if it was to be Victorian teams.
they treated it with a lot of respect, trying to play it at collingwood's ****** little training ground and all.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A few journos have alluded to the fact that it was scheduled in the hope of having to move it - a good news story about it, and extra publicity for the game a fortnight ahead of schedule.