• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So fine the umpire. Can't believe you're whinging about the umpiring. Honestly, has it come to this?
Uh...well there is a rule in for staging..and this is a clear case for fining. Yeah the ump's were **** overall but I'm not gonna blame them for that. It was good acting. It looked pretty bloody bad in real-time.

benchmark00

Uh...well there is a rule in for staging..and this is a clear case for fining. Yeah the ump's were **** overall but I'm not gonna blame them for that. It was good acting. It looked pretty bloody bad in real-time.
Shouldn't fine when a free kick is awarded. Either way it was reckless by whoever it was (can't actually remember who) and was lucky not to collect his head,

Spikey

and the guy who took out hocking was a bit reckless. he also didn't do anything wrong. melksham slid into Rawlings body, took his arms and Rawlings swung his back further than jono when he's with Burgey.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tbf to Spikey, I don't think he's blaming the umpires for the loss, and he didn't do it vs. Richmond too, whereas most Essendon fans did it massively for both games. My Facebook is going off.

Feel like taking a stroll down to Essendon station right now to catch all the fans and see their face as they get off the station heading home :laugh:

benchmark00

and the guy who took out hocking was a bit reckless. he also didn't do anything wrong. melksham slid into Rawlings body, took his arms and Rawlings swung his back further than jono when he's with Burgey.
Delaney was trying to smother and Hocking ran into him when he was mid air, how is that reckless?? Was just unfortunate.

When a player is on the ground head over the football and you come that close to collecting his head with his hip, I'm talking a matter of 3cm, that's reckless.

Spikey

Tbf to Spikey, I don't think he's blaming the umpires for the loss, and he didn't do it vs. Richmond too, whereas most Essendon fans did it massively for both games. My Facebook is going off.

not at all. the worse decision was the hibberd square up 50, and as I said before we gave away so many goals through **** disposal and dumb free-kicks (buddy missing will be cancelled out by hurley missing) we didn't deserve to win. we got lucky that north decided to try out the crap kicking thing too but when it came to giving away dumb frees we had them beat. and then the goal-kicking. the umps just put salt in the wound (Heppell/Hibberd at the end), but it's also a lot easier to blame them than to actually think about why we lost so. i dare say they're also ranting about stanton

but the rawlings really pissed me off. i don't care people making the most out of a little contact in the back but that was just piss poor. and nothing will happen. at least a bit of a smear campaign in the papers or something!

Last edited:

Spikey

Delaney was trying to smother and Hocking ran into him when he was mid air, how is that reckless?? Was just unfortunate.

When a player is on the ground head over the football and you come that close to collecting his head with his hip, I'm talking a matter of 3cm, that's reckless.
...he didn't get anyway near his hand really. at least rawlings has a really really short neck and torso....

as for Delaney, yeah that was hyperbole. but he probably could have avoided his arm hitting. it's really the same as melksham. ie they did nothing wrong. (well in the end delaney did make head contract but) to try to say melksham did something wrong is just

benchmark00

...he didn't get anyway near his hand really. at least rawlings has a really really short neck and torso....

as for Delaney, yeah that was hyperbole. but he probably could have avoided his arm hitting. it's really the same as melksham. ie they did nothing wrong. (well in the end delaney did make head contract but) to try to say melksham did something wrong is just
Really?? He overran the football and missed his head by next to nothing. If any contact was made with the head he was gone for 3 weeks.

Melksham, although not collecting the head, should've actually put his head over the ball and tried to get it.

Spikey

No he shouldn't've. If he had no chance of getting the ball, which he didn't, he should be doing his best to ensure the ball doesn't get out. he did that. slid into his body and tied things up. but then a free got paid due to some good acting. He was fine.

and no contact got made to his head. If your grandma etc

benchmark00

No he shouldn't've. If he had no chance of getting the ball, which he didn't, he should be doing his best to ensure the ball doesn't get out. he did that. slid into his body and tied things up. but then a free got paid due to some good acting. He was fine.

and no contact got made to his head. If your grandma etc
The best chance of ensuring the ball doesn't come out is getting hands on the ball! Not sliding in when the opposition has their head over the ball. It was poor technique. You expect him to hold the ball in with his back bone??

Meanwhile, Mongooses and Greenbook should turn out to be a close game. Alot riding on Cox as captain.

Spikey

and he had no chance of getting the ball. rawlings was getting there first, so you slid in, make contact, prevent a quick hand-ball on the ground. It's pretty simple. There was nothing in it. We shouldn't be talking about, but Rawlings did something much poorer than Melksham.

benchmark00

Rawlings didn't even have clean possession of the football at the time. Not sure what you're talking about having no chance of getting it.