• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would take Houli for Tambling. Reckon it'll be good for Tambling too. He'd be decent at Essendon for mine. Had a very good 2009.

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looks like Houili amy be a chance of coming the Tigers' way though, despite Hird's appointment.
Yeah, would be a part of the Tambling trade.

Tambling has the ability to make some really really poor decisions especially at critical times under pressure, really not sold on him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Surprised to hear Djekkerra (sp) offered up, think he's been groomed to take the place of Varcoe in the forward line when Travis moves into the midfield. However, I guess with Shannon Motlop and Menzell in competition, it may make a bit of sense.

Think there's a lot of bulltish that goes on this week. If someone like Everitt isn't getting a regular game, the Dogs can't ask for a first round pick, simple as that. Ditto for Essendon "talking tough" on Bachar Houli, he doesn't have value because he hasn't been playing: simple.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jeez I hope this stuff about an alleged ***ual assault by two Pies players turns out to be bull****. Mostly for the woman involved, but also obviously for the sake of the team and fans.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Uggh, just read some more stuff, including an update in the Australian supposedly quoting an affidavit. The players have been named on another website that may well end up being sued if the guys are subsequently cleared. Really pissed off/sad to be seeing this. If true, the guys involved are ****ing dogs of the highest order and should get tossed away in jail for a lengthy period, not to mention booted from the club and comp. If not true, incredibly sad for the players to have one of the great times of the lives ruined. Either way, sucks for the fans - we're meant to be enjoying a honeymoon and basking in the win, not wondering whether a couple of our players are absolute scum.

Craig

World Traveller
For all you AFL boffins, I know that James Hird, his father and his grandfather all played for Essendon, is there been many cases where a grandfather, son, grandson have all played for the one club?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For all you AFL boffins, I know that James Hird, his father and his grandfather all played for Essendon, is there been many cases where a grandfather, son, grandson have all played for the one club?
Kennedy's at Hawthorn spring to mind.

Marc Murphy, his grandfather and father are the only ones to play 100 or more games, though not at the same club.

There'd be several others who have had grandfather/father/son all play AFL/VFL, but nto necessarily at the same club. The father/son rule was introduced to build family legacies at the one club, so it'll be more common at the one club down the track.

Craig

World Traveller
Kennedy's at Hawthorn spring to mind.

Marc Murphy, his grandfather and father are the only ones to play 100 or more games, though not at the same club.

There'd be several others who have had grandfather/father/son all play AFL/VFL, but nto necessarily at the same club. The father/son rule was introduced to build family legacies at the one club, so it'll be more common at the one club down the track.
Thanks.