• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
So their team will be:
B: kid - Bock - kid
HB: Harbrow - kid - Brown
C: Stanley - Rischitelli - kid
HF: kid - kid - kid
F: Hunt - N. Ablett - kid
Foll: kid - G. Ablett - Harris
Int: kid x 4.

Taking Carlton as an example of a team with one super gun mid, a lot of hyped early draft picks, and a handful of decent-mediocre established players, am predicting the Suns to make up the numbers in next years finals :ph34r: that's actually a better back line than the Blues.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In the last 3-4 years the two best players in the league have changed clubs.

And GC had a red hot crack at Riewoldt to if I remember correctly.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon he'll be borderline elite sooner than that. He was still 17 and came in the top 5 for the Liston (or that's what I was told, CBF checking), that's pretty awesome.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So their team will be:
B: kid - Bock - kid
HB: Harbrow - kid - Brown
C: Stanley - Rischitelli - kid
HF: kid - kid - kid
F: Hunt - N. Ablett - kid
Foll: kid - G. Ablett - Harris
Int: kid x 4.

Taking Carlton as an example of a team with one super gun mid, a lot of hyped early draft picks, and a handful of decent-mediocre established players, am predicting the Suns to make up the numbers in next years finals :ph34r: that's actually a better back line than the Blues.
Harris will be in there somewhere. We'll see Day, Bennell and Swallow in there somewhere as well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Nathan Ablett probably won't be there next year, has did almost as much as Hunt this year. Nathan Krakeour will be there somewhere

Defence will be something like.

Harbrow Coad Hunt
Krakeour Bock Brown

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
People having a go at Ablett leaving on radio. Fair enough be upset, but let's not pretend you wouldn't jump ship to a new business/competitor if you were offered more than double what you were earning.

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
And GC had a red hot crack at Riewoldt to if I remember correctly.
Not really, Asked if he'd be interested would of been on around 500k a year, said he wasn't then re signed for Richmond. And will get that same kind of money in 2-3 years.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I did mean Nick, as he's in the best 5 players in the comp, and not Jack (yet).

Highly dispute the term 'proper' from Benchy though. They're both guns. :cool:

pasag

RTDAS
People having a go at Ablett leaving on radio. Fair enough be upset, but let's not pretend you wouldn't jump ship to a new business/competitor if you were offered more than double what you were earning.
I think most Cats fans have an issue with the way it was dragged out for so long. All you needed was the announcement to be made on Today Tonight and it'd be Lebron all over again.

That said, I have no issues with it. He should be able to take whatever time he wants within reason. Doesn't owe the fans a quick answer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What? Judd's move to Carlton was way worse and more prolonged than this.

When should he have announced it? During GF week? That'd be Judd-ish selfish (and I love Judd so not having a go).

He waited after the Cats were knocked out, and after the GF.