• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read one page and the scouser count is in double figures, FFS

What's your username over there?

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction mate, wishing relegation on us because of something like that, but your board is a lot more readable than ours
Football forums are generally ****e, and full of reactionary idjits, I don't post much. but I did post in there as "pobbop".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just read your post, thought it might have been you after you mentioned the persistent fouling yesterday.

Apparently Peter Johnson has given barnes until the end of September, i.e win next week or you're gone Barnes. There is rumoured to be a sizeable minority of our own fans who will be backing against us next week because they want him out. I've never seen us in such a mess.

grecian

Not surprised Tranmere have picked up, going forward they looked good.

Anyway a top of the table clash between the Mighty Grecians, and Chalky's Hartlepools. I fancy 1-1.

Really hope we play two up-front and one of those two isn't Barry Corr, if so we may sneak a win, but can't take anything for granted in this div. The step-up has been huge, still good to see some quality football teams.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looked better last Saturday and obviously three points on Tuesday, still a lot of pessimism about though, the management team will have to do a lot to undo the bad feeling towards them.

grecian

LOL.

grecian 3-1 chalky
Indeed, can we play in this comp every week:)

Decent win, still looked shaky in defence, a wonderful comedy goal to concede, look out for it on blooper-tapes. Yet we showed our old fluency going forward, and some nice passing moves (which elicited screams of "get it in the mixer" from the neanderthals around me8-)) and looked very threatening with plenty of options in the forward third.

BTW, finding a lot of inappropriate reactions to scoring a goal against us this season. The Milton Keynes forward who did a pathetically over-the-top celebration at our end was poor (but being an ex-green-slimer he probably doesn't know any better). Today the Monkey-hangers bloke was going seriously mental taunting our fans, must have been brought up in a Borstal or summat.:unsure:

I just don't get this TBH, you often get booked, and you just get the crowd really up for it, rather then berating their own side they're screaming support. Really, really stupid. Ho-hum.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd detail the celebrations against us but I fear that the length of the post would cause the CW server to crash.

Barnes Out/

grecian

Code:
                P W D L     pt

1. Exeter       2 2 0 0 5 2 6  
2. Hartlepool   3 1 1 1 4 3 4
3. Brentford 	2 0 2 0 1 1 2
4. Oldham       2 0 1 1 1 4 1  
5. Tranmere     1 0 0 1 1 2 0
So with two of our teams fighting out, a no doubt, purists delight of a draw, the glorious Grecians hold on to the lead for now.

In the real table Oldham look the closest to play-off-bothering. BTW SKD, according to British Rail your town doesn't exist:unsure:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
                P W D L     pt

1. Exeter       2 2 0 0 5 2 6  
2. Hartlepool   3 1 1 1 4 3 4
3. Brentford     2 0 2 0 1 1 2
5. Tranmere     1 0 0 1 1 2 0
So with two of our teams fighting out, a no doubt, purists delight of a draw, the glorious Grecians hold on to the lead for now.

In the real table Oldham look the closest to play-off-bothering. BTW SKD, according to British Rail your town doesn't exist:unsure:
the trainline just closed down last weekend for conversion to metrolink(which is a waste of money imo and is going to mean no rail for about 4 year ffs). The only option is a bus from manchester/car

grecian

the trainline just closed down last weekend for conversion to metrolink(which is a waste of money imo and is going to mean no rail for about 4 year ffs). The only option is a bus from manchester/car
That would it explain it, I guess. Seems too much trouble TBH.

grecian

Code:
                P W D L     pt

1. Hartlepool   4 2 1 1 5 3 7
2. Exeter       2 2 0 0 5 2 6
3. Brentford 	2 0 2 0 1 1 2
5. Tranmere     2 0 0 2 1 3 0
Ah yeah, good point I may have forgot about this stellar match. Chalky's lot moves to the top of the league. The way City are playing we ain't going to remain near the top anyway :(

chalky

International Debutant
We wern't very good to be honest Tranmere at least deserved a point.

Tranmere played some good football but had nothing up front desperately needed a cutting edge - was really impressed with Ian Goodison a the back never lost a challenge all day.

Anyway 2 wins in a row & we are only 3 points off ther play offs from looking over our shoulder at relegation scrap shows how tight the division is.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We wern't very good to be honest Tranmere at least deserved a point.

Tranmere played some good football but had nothing up front desperately needed a cutting edge - was really impressed with Ian Goodison a the back never lost a challenge all day.

Anyway 2 wins in a row & we are only 3 points off ther play offs from looking over our shoulder at relegation scrap shows how tight the division is.
Yeah, a few lads who went said we were decent. Goodison is a class act - wasn't himself under Barnes, and it's probably because the two of them don't like each other at all. He's getting on and not as quick as he was - giving him a two year contract was a strange one given that he's 35 - but there are very few better defenders in the division when he has a good day. Shame the rest of the defence isn't up to much, though our new left-back looks good, and Broomes seems to be getting there, though I heard he was pretty slow yesterday.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
With about ten minutes to go Exeter were trouncing Brentford so grecian's boys go top by my calculations

grecian

can we play in this comp every week:)
Would like to reiterate this, our only three home wins of the season, and the only three times we've scored more then one in any game.:)

Would be happy staying up this year and to have a bit of a FA Cup run, or at least not get humiliated in it. Nuneaton may have other ideas though.