• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL All-Time Draft

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Reggie White, shutdown defence FTW!

Jamee's 999ers:

Reggie White (DE)
"Prime Time" Deion Sanders (CB/KR/PR)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeah, forgot to add that Sanders is one of the few (maybe the only) to win World Series and Super Bowl rings.

EDIT: And he played some WR too

Fusion

Global Moderator
Jerry Rice WR, the game's greatest receiver ever. I'd say his only competion for the title of the "greatest NFL player ever" is Jim Brown.

Jamee, I'm willing to put up my Elway to Rice combo against your Sanders/White defense. I'll wager my players find the end zone every time. :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
With no-one else on the field? I bet that Reggie can get to Elway before Rice can get open :p

Irony aside, it's Deion [frigging] Sanders, the quickest player ever to play in the NFL, the most athletic player ever to play in the NFL, Jerry Rice is great, the best WR ever, but I think you're over-rating how often Jerry would be able to get free, teams don't throw to Deion Sanders.

Indipper

State Regular
Irony aside, it's Deion [frigging] Sanders, the quickest player ever to play in the NFL, the most athletic player ever to play in the NFL, Jerry Rice is great, the best WR ever, but I think you're over-rating how often Jerry would be able to get free, teams don't throw to Deion Sanders.
I like your sense of humour.

Fusion

Global Moderator
With no-one else on the field? I bet that Reggie can get to Elway before Rice can get open :p

Yup even with only the four of them playing, and given a standard "5 seconds before you can charge the QB" pick-up football rule, I'd say Elway connects with Rice before White sacks him! :D

I’m not doubting Sanders' greatness. He helped my beloved Cowboys win a championship once. He’s definitely the best CB ever IMO, a player who took away half of the field. However, we’re talking about all-time great competition as well. Sanders could be thrown at, it was not impossible. Michael Irvin, another Hall of Fame WR, held his own against Sanders when they faced each other. Rice is undoubtedly on a higher level than Irvin, so I’m willing to bet he would’ve done ok against Sanders as well.

Last edited: