• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League Draft

Julian87

State Captain
Unbelievable that neither had been picked, especially Churchill who is renowned as the best fullback of all time, if not the greatest player of all time.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unbelievable that neither had been picked, especially Churchill who is renowned as the best fullback of all time, if not the greatest player of all time.
Yep, my top 4 in order of what I was going to pick was Langlands, Churchill, Lewis, Fulton

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is a bit crazy, I'm happy with Raper though.

What was Clive Churchill's try scoring ability like? I nearly went Gasnier, but wanted a forward instead.

BTW - are we choosing 13 or 17 players?

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
FTR Simon, Clapo's away until Sunday and asked me to pick for him. Just thought I'd let you know.

Now, none of you guys take Tevita Latu, will you....

Simon

It is a bit crazy, I'm happy with Raper though.

What was Clive Churchill's try scoring ability like? I nearly went Gasnier, but wanted a forward instead.
Pretty sure he was never a prolific tryscorer, just ran the show and did a hell of a job of it. From what I know he's basically like Lockyer was at fullback but three times as good.

luffy

International Captain
Mark Gasnier

Team:

3. Mal Meninga
4. Mark Gasnier

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Norm Provan
Provan did more then get his photo taken with a little man.

The St George second rower brings a winning culture to my side, he played and won ten consecutive first-grade premierships which is a world record in rugby league.

So far:
12 Norm Provan
13 Johnny Raper

Simon

Norm Provan
Provan did more then get his photo taken with a little man.

The St George second rower brings a winning culture to my side, he played and won ten consecutive first-grade premierships which is a world record in rugby league.

So far:
12 Norm Provan
13 Johnny Raper
11 in a row tbh

Smitteh up for Clapo

Simon

No he won 10 in a row. The team won 11 in a row, he didn't play in the last final they won.

Also DCYE - Stacey Jones has been taken.
Oh yeh got that, just read it as St George won 10 in a row.