• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the WWE matches

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono, do you follow wrestling much now a days mate? I know you've scaled back quite a bit, and I'm not sure how up to speed you are on the current product, but plenty of things have happened since then.

Chris Jericho returning and becoming World Heavyweight Champion, Edge becoming the WWE's main franchise player and Christian, Kurt Angle and Booker T all going to TNA.
I haven't properly watched wrestling since 2005, and I often miss it, but I don't really see myself getting back into it. :(

I knew of Jericho's return, but never knew he was World Champ! That's so frickin' awesome.

I know of Angle, Booker etc. leaving to TNA as well. Didn't Angle release his own reality TV show or something?

chalky

International Debutant
Undertaker vs Kane - 1st inferno match
Brock Lesner vs Big Show - The Smackdown episode where the ring explodes

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nominate HBK vs Shelton Benjamin from an episode of RAW in 2005, the one where it ended with a springboard into the super kick.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That was gun.
Yeah it sure was, I don't think I've seen either of them work a match that good since itbt, it was that good. Shelton should have so kicked on to greater things from here, was so over at this point.

DJellett

International Debutant
Depends if you are more interested in technical wrestling ability, or entertainment.

Guess that's where it's often hazy in the WWE.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
There are 2 other matches that are in my memory that I cont remember exact details.

There is a one involving Edge on Smackdown around 2003 thing it was either TLC or Ladder and there was a match between Benoit and Angle (at a PPV) as well in around 03-05.

Been so long since I followed wrestling properly that I cant remember dates but those matches were corkers.

EDIT: Benoit v Angle was 2003 Royal Rumble

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
But in terms of workrate its not even top 50 one feels.
Mmm I wouldn't go quite that far, but I would suggest that if you really wanted to see a Foley match full of insane bumps etc.. then the Street Fight at RR00 is the best example. Both guys were on the absolute top of their game for this one, the shots with the barbed wire 2x4, the suplex onto the wooden pallet (which punctured HHH's calf - jeez even I admit that HHH was awesome back then) and the pedigree on the thumbtacks remains for me personally the sickest and most awesome spot/bump/whatever I have ever seen.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Mmm I wouldn't go quite that far, but I would suggest that if you really wanted to see a Foley match full of insane bumps etc.. then the Street Fight at RR00 is the best example. Both guys were on the absolute top of their game for this one, the shots with the barbed wire 2x4, the suplex onto the wooden pallet (which punctured HHH's calf - jeez even I admit that HHH was awesome back then) and the pedigree on the thumbtacks remains for me personally the sickest and most awesome spot/bump/whatever I have ever seen.
Or if you wanna see Foley really bump any of his matches in japan rule. His match VS Terry Funk in the finals of a deathmatch event rules

Majin

International Debutant
Far more a fan of great technical wrestling matches myself but I agree, that HIAC will definitely be getting my vote the entire way through. Might not have been the best wrestling match of all time but nothing I've ever seen and likely will ever see again on a Wrestling show will leave an impact on me like that match did, truly amazing. Actually just popped in my Mick Foley DVD to watch it right before coming into this thread haha

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nominate Undertaker vs Edge, WrestleMania XXIV, Undertaker vs Edge TLC Match, One Night Stand 2008, and Undertaker vs Edge Hell In A Cell Match, SummerSlam 2008.

'Taker vs Edge was awesome. My two favourite guys.

Majin

International Debutant
Really need to rewatch that 'Mania match soon, haven't been into a match so much in a long time as I was when I saw that, chanting along with the crowd and Oooh! Aaah!ing at all the sick bits :laugh: