• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair efforts from LeBron & D-Wade today. Doubt we'll see any series upsets in the east though, carn Thunder!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the thunder creating hopes of a huge upset! san antonio playing like a contender again, george hill stars as they protect home court and go back to dallas 3-1...

duffer

Watching Denver play has been brutal this series. Melo at the press conference yesterday "I'm doing everything in my power to beat the Jazz, but I need some help. I really need some help". It's true, he's the only one who's shown up and played like he cared,

Chauncey has been rubbish, Kmart crippled, JR a complete tool, Birdman not much better and Nene invisible. The worst has to be Dantley though, his rotations have been terrible especially with Ty and his Carter. For him to come out and blame Melo because he turned the ball over and say "Maybe if Karl was still here", bloody hell, he can piss off. He'll never get an NBA head coach gig ever.

Team is in some serious strife, Melo and Birdman were jawing each other on the bench during the game, JR comes out on his twitter calling his teamates selfish(heh) and Melo calling out the whole lot. Losing Karl was meant to galvanize the team but it looks like a case of when the cat's away. Sigh, rebuild time, was fun while it lasted. Firmly on the Cleveland and Spurs bandwagons now.

duffer

A couple of really good articles I read this morning. This one on the Nuggz and this one on the Bobcats.

The Charlotte one is gruesome though, not a team I think about very often but that situation will get ugly in the next few years.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The Jones got picked up by the Canadian sports network The Score so he and Tas now work there full time. It's better for the Jones (which is the best ball podcast on the net AFAIC, DoC is too rough and I don't like Rusillo's voice, though it's a solid podcast) but BDL has suffered because of it.

duffer

What's with all the cRaptors links on there? Is that a Canadian site. Will give the poddies a spin though.

edit: Bulls hanging in there well. Taking this back to Chicago would be hilarious.

Hoggy31

International Captain
****ing Thunder, leave work early for this ****. Should just start their games from the 2nd quarter 20 pts down from now on.

Oh, and someone other than Dirk hits some shots and Dallas up big.

Looks like Beasley's signed his trade papers, be interesting to see where he goes, reckon the Knicks will bite if they don't get Amare. Can see him at Golden State too, they've got a bevvy of guards that'll interest Miami, Monta and DWade would be a sight.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
l.a finally playing to potential...let's see if they can keep it up though, consistency has been their biggest issue over the past couple of months...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Shattered Bulls couldn't hang on...

Anyone rekon they could potentially be a serious championship contender next year?

duffer

Bosh won't win them anything. Can't see the other two leaving either. They need a new coach and a lot of luck to be able to get there. That said they got completely and utterly hosed today.

Where the hell was the foul? You think that's bad it happened three times in a row with Shaq. Chicago wasn't allowed to play defence during that final quarter. Worst NBA officiating since Kings-Lakers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKS!

"what a bucket"
"WHAT A BUCKET!"

One of the best pieces of commentary I've ever heard.

Bucks were ****ing paying $42!

Please get home.