• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The league-wide pace has been steadily going up for about a decade now. More possessions per 48 and more three-point attempts as a percentage of shots taken makes the scores go up.

Teams spreading the floor and opening the paint has made defending a lot harder now than it's ever been.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Not seeing a lot of Cousins out there.
not sure what that means...i wasn't talking about him at all...i took your post to say the lakers as constructed at the beginning of the season were basically no good especially on the defensive end...given what they have done so far especially on defense, i was just asking if you are surprised...

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The center position is by far the most important position on the court on the defensive end. Cousins was one of the worst defensive centers in the league and was coming off a serious injury, with him in that lineup they would've been a seriously bad defence and you really couldn't convince me otherwise.

In terms of whether I'm surprised about their defence, I would say yeah a little, but once you swap a serious negative at the 5 for a decent (albeit limited at this stage in his career) Dwight the numbers will improve significantly. I'd say the only real surprise to me is that LeBron has really upped his defensive game again which I wasn't sure he still had in him. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain that high level going into the latter parts of the season, but with his lighter offensive load I wouldn't bet against him.

Arjun Vihaan

Cricket Spectator
”This was my strategy, this is what I thought we’d be in three years,” he says. “I knew we were on the right track. Everybody wanted to do it their way, but I’m good with who I am. … I think people respect what I’ve done for the team.”

Do Lakers fans in this forum agree with the view of Magic Johnson? I think Koby Bryant did much more but didn't ask for accolates!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our schedule is brutal from now on. 18 games in 33 days with 5 b2b's.

Going to see how deep we really are.

duffer

I'm not bitchin' though, the schedule throws up whack **** like this to lots of teams, but Malone's gotta earn his cheddar to manage us through this.

duffer

Anyone else see Zion's debut? Holy moly, I get the hype.

His next game is against the Nuggz tomorrow :cool:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else see Zion's debut? Holy moly, I get the hype.

His next game is against the Nuggz tomorrow :cool:
It was pretty awesome but not sure it was representative of how he's going to play. Got hot from 3 but doubt we're going to see that very often. Looks very fun though, no doubt.