• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Absolutely crazy listening to the Simmons podcast with Shea Sorrano.. They loved the deal for the Spurs, will Bill talking up DDRs crunch time all star minutes and being the 12th best guy in the league.

Almost every other take is pro Raptors.

Also this is the best https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1020078575599276032?s=19
If you want the Spurs to not suck (aka. Shea) then it's a pretty good deal for them too. No one else was offering them anything good. I think, "knowing" what both sides want, it's a good deal for both sides. Raptors backed themselves and went for it, as they should, and the Spurs don't want to tank, which I don't agree with, but can see why they feel that way.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
cuban is a dick and corporations ill-treat women in various ways, hardly earth-shattering news...

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You are never too young to be an albatross contract imo. Just ask Tyler Johnson (admittedly he is no way near as talented as Towns)
That's got a lot more to do with the Arenas provision structure in his contract than anything else. If his contract was structured as a normal one and spread more evenly it'd be much less of an issue.

Also, it's a stupid comparison, because even if he continues to put in minimal effort on defence he's still one of the 20 most valuable players in the league. He is almost unprecedentedly efficient for his size, and the scary thing is that his efficiency doesn't go down as his usage goes up, as is the general rule. If Thibs could actually coach an offence that wasn't from 1998, KAT would be unstoppable. Imagine if Kerr, D'Antoni or Carlisle were calling plays for Towns.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
That's got a lot more to do with the Arenas provision structure in his contract than anything else. If his contract was structured as a normal one and spread more evenly it'd be much less of an issue.

Also, it's a stupid comparison, because even if he continues to put in minimal effort on defence he's still one of the 20 most valuable players in the league. He is almost unprecedentedly efficient for his size, and the scary thing is that his efficiency doesn't go down as his usage goes up, as is the general rule. If Thibs could actually coach an offence that wasn't from 1998, KAT would be unstoppable. Imagine if Kerr, D'Antoni or Carlisle were calling plays for Towns.
Fair point. Here's Minnesota hoping that he goes the entire 5 years of that deal without suffering any kind of injury that takes away the tools that make him such a unicorn

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I really don't think Murray moves the needle that much for them, he's a good young player (especially defensively) but Mills isn't that much worse than him overall. At least he can shoot 3's, which will help Derozan a lot. If one of LMA or Demar went down then I'd agree, but I still think they'll be in the bottom half of the playoff picture.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't think Murray moves the needle that much for them, he's a good young player (especially defensively) but Mills isn't that much worse than him overall. At least he can shoot 3's, which will help Derozan a lot. If one of LMA or Demar went down then I'd agree, but I still think they'll be in the bottom half of the playoff picture.
With Kawhi and Green already gone, Dejounte was their one good perimeter defender. Might not change things much overall since the West is stupid this year.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
With Kawhi and Green already gone, Dejounte was their one good perimeter defender. Might not change things much overall since the West is stupid this year.
Green wasn't very good last year and Kawhi didn't play a single game after, what, November? They still dragged themselves to 47 wins. I'd probably pick the under on that total this year but they really only traded Green for Derozan in that scenario which isn't exactly a negative. Murray is a great defender but he is a liability on offence and destroys spacing.