• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Off course they will, on their way to being swept by the Clippers :naughty:
yeah not an unlikely scenario...although i am not all that certain they will make the playoffs...if they don't, howard will jump ship and a lot of heads will roll...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah not an unlikely scenario...although i am not all that certain they will make the playoffs...if they don't, howard will jump ship and a lot of heads will roll...
When. The last time neither the Celtics or the Lakers made the playoffs?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dwight just looks out of shape to me. His back must still be bothering him because I don't see any of the offensive game I saw from him in 2011.

The other game last night was incredibly enjoyable for me. :D

I swear I had a boner the whole game at that rebounding advantage of 20+, most of it being because of offensive boards. Boozer surprised the hell out of me. Took it right to Lebron/Bosh/Haslem all night long.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh Melo, what a fellow. You mess with him and he just turns to Jello! Still can't get over how much better a mere Avery Bradley addition makes The Celtics defence run. Actually got SEE the Knicks v. Celtics game and they went out their way to mess with Melo, esp KG.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, he even waited for KG by the Celtics team bus. It was ridiculous how easily he got bothered by the physical play from Bulls a few weeks ago and got thrown out. Doc basically applied the same strategy. Thibs still helping him out it seems :laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Don't blame Melo for flipping out from what KG said. Dude is a complete ****wit.
Just read about what he said. KG is a fake tough guy, but he wanted to throw him off his game, and he did just that. I'd be shocked if other stars don't hear **** like that all the time. I'm sure they respond with the ball or a hard foul or two, they don't stand outside the opposing team's locker room. Melo just lets it all get to him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd be shocked if other stars don't hear **** like that all the time.
According to Jalen on his podcast with Simmons yesterday, one of the unspoken rules of the NBA in regards to trash talk are wives and children. Seeing as though he was one of the great trash talkers in the sport, I'd be very surprised if he was lying. He implied that very few people would ever cross that line, with KG and Gary Payton among the few who would, especially at a time where Lala and Melo have been having serious relationship trouble. KG is a douchebag and I honestly think Melo would wipe his blood all over the pavement. It would never happen of course, but Melo is a Baltimore boy and would do the business if tens of millions of dollars weren't involved.

It'll be fun on the 24th when the Knicks hit the Garden and the whole crowd is waving boxes of honey nut at him though haha.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Melo's just as much of a ***** as KG is. Would probably try to sucker punch him and run away again. Meh, can't stand either of them.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
On second thoughts, you're right. I forgot about the whole punch and run episode with Melo a few years back. I don't like either player but I ****ing hate Garnett more than any player in the league. Just can't stand the way he carries himself on the court.

ps. spot da kid who got bullied in skool lol

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lakers "super team" are toast, headed for the lottery! has there ever been a situation where a team touted as one of the strongest contenders failed this miserably? nothing in recent memory seems to compare...