• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NRL 2008 Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Clearly comebacks is the new 'thing' in sport after Lance Armstrong started it, as Stacey Jones is coming out of retirement and play for the Warriors. Yeah I'm happy about this.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Considering their current player markers just started to find their feet in this season's finals. I wonder what this will do to their morale.

Probably will play a fair bit off bench or on and off, like Langer a couple years back.

Though I do think sometimes your better off putting faith in your youngsters and giving them a chance. Reckon continually going back to older players is what held back guys like Campese.

howardj

International Coach
Two Refs

Good move, in my view. That there are so many complaints about referees, to me indicates that it's an incredibly difficult job for one person. In general, I think rugby league is the most difficult sport to referee.

ripper868

International Coach
Two Refs

Good move, in my view. That there are so many complaints about referees, to me indicates that it's an incredibly difficult job for one person. In general, I think rugby league is the most difficult sport to referee.
Nah, quidditch for the win. Think reffing League relatively simple....count to 5, make sure old mate doesnt hit other old mate around the head, keep players back 10 metres, ensure scrums are correctly packed and ball fed correctly....never mind that last one.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Compared to most sports league quite easy to ref. It just the refs are just that crap they make it look hard. Changes in interpretation every season doesn't help, but every sport has that these days.