• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official English Football Thread

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Nothing at all about football, make that.

He was consistently creating something out of nothing. The way he was playing, particularly at the end of the first half when no-one else was showing, was magic.

The ball that fed Owen 1-on-1 was excellent, and the way he ran at defenders and beat them was superb. Add to that the 40 yard through ball straight into Gerrard's stride (leading to another Owen miss) after the sublime close control, and the vision that preceded the backheel that nearly found Beckham.
Well don't blame me if nothing happens for 30 mins then I get bored and do something else then when I can be bothered to watch it again it's 20 mins to go and Rooney runs into a few defenders, fluffs a few chances quite embarrisingly and then gets a standing ovation when he's taken off. If you go on what I saw you'd really start to wonder if someone spiked your beer...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how can you get bored watching football internationals, i dont think they showed any here in Aus, not even on pay tv.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
how can you get bored watching football internationals, i dont think they showed any here in Aus, not even on pay tv.
Because if I wanted to watch people woofing a ball about I'd walk to Hanwood a few miles away and watch their pub side...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
They occasionally show the odd big 1. e.g Italy v England

Cloete

International Captain
here's the l8est table:

Teams Pld Pts
Arsenal 32 67
Man United 32 67
Newcastle 31 61
Chelsea 32 57
Liverpool 32 52
Everton 31 50
Blackburn 31 46
Tottenham 32 46
Charlton 32 46
Middlesbro 32 45
Soton 32 45
Man City 32 41
Fulham 31 38
Leeds 32 37
A Villa 32 37
Bolton 32 35
Birmingham 32 35
West Ham 32 31
West Brom 32 21
Sunderland 32 19

who do u guys think will win?? Arsenal or Man U?

Cloete

International Captain
Just thought I'd add wat Wenger said:

Wenger - Title still in our hands
05 04 2003
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insisted the destiny of the Premiership title was still in his side's hands despite an own goal from Kolo Toure meaning they had to settle for a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa.

The Gunners now only lead Manchester United on goal difference with the two sides due to meet at Highbury on April 16. Toure's sliced clearance into his own net cancelled out a 56th-minute goal from Freddie Ljungberg.

Wenger said: "It was a very difficult game because Villa were very cautious. They never came out and it was very difficult to find an opening. I expected Villa to defend well but when I saw the team sheet I knew they would only defend.

"Having got in front, it was important for us not to make a mistake at the back and unfortunately we made one. But the title is still in our hands. I am convinced of that. There is a long way to go, six games, and a lot will happen.

"But we will freshen our legs a bit this week and then we've got the FA Cup semi-final and then the Manchester United game.

"We will be up for it, have no worries about that. I don't think the momentum is especially with United after their win against Liverpool and in football it all changes very quickly.

"The boys are very disappointed. They were very professional and willing and showed a fantastic attitude. They gave everything, even though some of them were tired after two internationals and some lengthy travelling."

Villa manager Graham Taylor defended his tactics - he played five in midfield until his side went behind - as they collected another point in their bid to guarantee Premiership survival.

He said: "With the position we are in, it was very important for us to be as tight as we could be. We were playing the best side in this country on the counter-attack and one of the best sides in Europe.

"If you lost the ball on the edge of your opponents' penalty area, count up to five and it is in the back of your net. You have to do something to try and combat that. If you leave yourself open to them, you are courting disaster. It was an important point for us."

Simon

good on villa, hopefully arsenal wont win the title now, anyone but them, even united!

Simon

ah opinions i guess, i hate arsenal though, they r the scum of the premiership, way too arrogant.

Cloete

International Captain
but they have every right to be. plus they're still not as arrogant as Man U were

Simon

umm, claiming they were going to go through the entire season undefeated in every competition is about as arrogant as can be. and they were genuinely shocked when they did loose. they arent as good as they think they are.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can I just say at this point that Derby actually managed a win yesterday?

<quack> by all means, Eddie

Derby actually managed a win yesterday

<quack> yay!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D