View Poll Results: Are you happy with your teams 2007 trades?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • No

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFL Trade Week

AFL Trade Week

So, with trade week done and dusted, what are your thoughts on your supported teams trades??

I support the Tigers. Jordan McMahon seems a little bit like one of them iffy players. If he gets it right, he'll be a gun; but if he doesn't, he'll be delisted in the next 2 years, and I hate that Richmond has a culture of recruiting such players. Morton - very happy. Where will he fit in that midfield, though?? Might be an idea to push Johnson/Polo into the backline and Tuck forward at times. Morton, Coughlan, Foley, Polo, Tuck, Connors, Tambling, Deledio. Potential to be a gun midfield for mine!

Happy that we got rid of Johnstone, but I can't see why Meesen is necessary at all, surely we'd have been better served chasing Mattner with Sydney, or any other reasonably skilled backman
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

Our biggest coup since Barrassi in 65...

Pretty good, pretty pretty good. (Not banking on anyone getting that reference tbh).
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I'd say we did pretty well. Wood wasn't going to get many games, we've got a fairly strong group of ruckmen, so he wasn't needed that much. Travis Johnstone will fit in nicely to the team. Only thing i'm dissapointed about is losing Hadley. Sounds like Brennan wants to stay, which is good.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cameeel View Post
    Happy that we got rid of Johnstone, but I can't see why Meesen is necessary at all, surely we'd have been better served chasing Mattner with Sydney, or any other reasonably skilled backman
    White's not getting younger, Jamar's a dud and Johnson looks as though he'll only ever be a handy second ruckman in the Seaby mould. Meesen's got wraps on him.

Disappointed we lost Hadley, but if a player wants to go, there isn't much you can do i guess, especially if there are other teams interested. That aside, i reckon TJ will be a good addition to the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So, with trade week done and dusted, what are your thoughts on your supported teams trades??
    In the end, I think we did OK considering our position with regards to the salary cap. I think we did the right thing by Playfair and Gardiner, who were probably going to be cut and have ensured them a home. I wish we could keep King, but in the end for the future of the club, it's probably the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I support the Tigers. Jordan McMahon seems a little bit like one of them iffy players. If he gets it right, he'll be a gun; but if he doesn't, he'll be delisted in the next 2 years, and I hate that Richmond has a culture of recruiting such players.
    At least McMahon has a place for him, rather than being another floating wingman/midfielder who sits in front of the ball, and a bit of pace off half back. There isn't a tremendous amount of that at the moment, you rely on Bowden and Newman for most of your rebound, and while they're both smart players, neither of them really break lines.
    Morton - very happy. Where will he fit in that midfield, though??
    Hehehehehe. We are talking about Richmond, aren't we? What you've got in Morton, I think will be a Buchanan type, who is part of the midfield rotation but he spends the majority of time on the wing or up forward. Supposed to have really good footskills, which is something the Tiges need to say the least.
    Might be an idea to push Johnson/Polo into the backline and Tuck forward at times. Morton, Coughlan, Foley, Polo, Tuck, Connors, Tambling, Deledio. Potential to be a gun midfield for mine!
    Mate, the best teams have 10 blokes they can run through the midfield, and you're talking about running out of spots already? The other thing is that in this midfield, at the moment the only blokes who actually spend the majority of their time on the ball, and are really what you'd term as "midfielders", are Coughlan, Foley and Tuck. Polo maybe, but he's going to end up being a hard working tagger.

Edwards, Connors, Morton are all more suited as flankers. Tambling is supposed to be best in traffic, but needs the motor and the bulk to play there, which will come. Deledio breaks lines, but it still looks as though he's best suited to this when he's not actually playing on the ball. The thing I like about the Tiges is their defence. You've got a couple of young blokes down back who'll be alright for you blokes in Thursfield and McGuane, and I still like the look of Moore if he keeps his spot.

AFL thread isn't actually a hive of activity atm, no need for this tbh. Sickens me, sickens me right to the core.
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    good load of draft picks and J.Kenneddy provides backup for when Hansen goes down again.
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Made no trades but im happy.
    Patrick Ryder- What a gun http://youtube.com/watch?v=MW1VCwJJEII

Baby Bombers are back....

pretty happy with the recruitment of king and especially schenider will hopefully provide another option up forward

Not really happy with the trades we've made.

Traded off Moran, who looked like he'd be a quality ruckman and brought in Davies (discarded by C'wood) and Sam Power (very poor version of his brother) who are both small midfield types. I was really hoping we get another tall to support both Thommo and Edwards but no we have to get rid off a decent tall.

Given the club's funds (or lack thereof) and facilities it would have been difficult to lure a big game player. But Judd if you get sick of collecting wooden spoons, you can always hop on board and come to Arden St!

Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    Not really happy with the trades we've made.
    You could call yourself an 'ir-ate-fan'.

Yeah, yeah I'm leaving.

You could call yourself an 'ir-ate-fan'.

Yeah, yeah I'm leaving.
    Haha, I can't believe I actually chuckled at that. You could call yourself 'pa-sad'

Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    Haha, I can't believe I actually chuckled at that. You could call yourself 'pa-sad'
    Same, tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information