• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007/08 Fantasy Premier League Competition

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Too much money spent on defenders for mine.
Fair enough if you think that, I've picked 4 of the best scoring defenders and Micah Richards should go alright also.

I wasn't really prepared to spend 10.0+ on a player like Torres, Rooney, Drogba so I think by having a good defence will mean I get a solid score most weeks, which worked great for me last year.

I'm happy with my midfielders also.

I've kept Robinson, Ferdinand, Carvalho, Carragher, Gerrard, Campo, Essien (Terry, Jenas at parts) from my team from last year..

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I always go for packing the midfield with attacking midfielders that are gun and having a flagship striker who costs a lot followed by 2 that don't so much. Usually have one gun defender then the rest tend to be from midtable sides like Everton and Villa.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I always go for packing the midfield with attacking midfielders that are gun and having a flagship striker who costs a lot followed by 2 that don't so much. Usually have one gun defender then the rest tend to be from midtable sides like Everton and Villa.
Yeah I wanted a flagship striker but couldn't really find someone that I could bank on them scoring apart from Drogba or Rooney. Thought of Berbatov but as a Spurs fan I'd like to see the goals shared around a bit.

My team probably does need another quality midfielder I guess, because it's not only the good teams that can keep a clean sheet I guess.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have actually listened to you a bit and got rid of one of my defenders, bought a cheap guy and made my midfield better.

An important part of this game is using your transfer wildcard at the right time..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Season hasn't started yet though so your wildcard shouldn't been used up I don't think.
Oh I know that. Just making a point, that it's not hugely vital what squad you select at the start of the season if you are thinking about using your wildcard early on.

Matteh

Yeah I wanted a flagship striker but couldn't really find someone that I could bank on them scoring apart from Drogba or Rooney. Thought of Berbatov but as a Spurs fan I'd like to see the goals shared around a bit.

My team probably does need another quality midfielder I guess, because it's not only the good teams that can keep a clean sheet I guess.
The thing with Spurs is that they have Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Mido and Bent so it's not really worth picking one of those strikers now as they're likely to not be playing week in week out due to the need for rotation.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The thing with Spurs is that they have Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Mido and Bent so it's not really worth picking one of those strikers now as they're likely to not be playing week in week out due to the need for rotation.
Yeah exactly.

I've changed my team.

Robinson, Geremi, Ferdinand, Carvalho, Carragher, Parker, Jenas, Gerrard, Essien, Giggs, Anelka RES Niemi, Richards, Earnshaw, Camara.

Working out if Carvalho and Anelka is a better combo or Terry and Adebayor, plus Giggs vs Arteta..

Anyone else going to put up there side?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
My team:

Sorensen

Lescott Samba Dunne Distin

Ronaldo Bentley Dempsey Taylor

Rooney Agbonlahor

Res: Hahnemann, Young, Hargreaves, Shorey

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My team:

GKs: Van der Sar, Schwarzer
Defenders: Moore, Neill, Ferdinand, Emerton, Cahill
Midfielders: Cahill, Yorke, Gerrard, Lampard, Skoko
Strikers: Viduka, Rooney, Moore

Gonna suck so much (H)

Johnners

GK: Given
Def: Agger, Neill, Dunne, Ferdinand
Mid: Cahill, Gilberto, Mendes, Robben
Fow: Torres, Agbonlahor

Res GK: Hahnemann
Res Def: Pogatetz
Res Mid: Lennon
Res Fow: Davies

Bobisback

International Regular
nfi about soccer at all, so this is my awesome team :laugh:

GK: Lehmann
Def: Arbeloa, Terry, Evra, Toure
Mid: Ronaldo, Makelele, Geovanni, Kewell
Fow: Van Persie, Shevchenko

Res GK: Taylor
Res Def: Johnson
Res Mid: Gallagher
Res Fow: Taylor

Just realised i had two Taylor's on my bench, must be gun :cool:

Scaly piscine

I've gone for a very good midfield, some solid/speculative forwards and some bargain basement defenders - hoping that I'll be to switch them around to whoever is playing in the easiest matches and make up for their crapness that way.

Matteh

My team:

GKs: Van der Sar, Schwarzer
Defenders: Moore, Neill, Ferdinand, Emerton, Cahill
Midfielders: Cahill, Yorke, Gerrard, Lampard, Skoko
Strikers: Viduka, Rooney, Moore

Gonna suck so much (H)
2 Moores and 2 Cahills? Complete lack of imagination. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Anyone with Timmy Cahill should probably get rid of him for the start of the season atleast.

Changed my team..
GK Robinson, Niemi
DEF Lescott, Ferdinand, Carvalho, Carragher, Richards
MID Jenas, Parker, Gerrard, Barry, Gilberto
STR Johnson, Agbonlahor, Forsell

The sites looking pretty smick now..

Scaly piscine

Hmm I've changed my team a few times already too, site still makes your computer suffocate for a few seconds while it loads up tho.