• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arsenal FC

Are Arsenal better with or without Henry??

• We are better without Henry

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • We need henry back

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To be fair this time last year everyone was saying 2007/8 would be the season the Spurts finally overhaul us & look how that ended up. Slightly better luck with injuries and we could've pushed United even harder.

I'd like to see a striker & a centre-half signed up tho. Hleb can eff off too; one half decent season in 3 & he thinks he's Overmars or something.
Dunno tbh, he's been pretty decent for the most part, and the team generally seems to play better when he is in it, would like to see him stay, no idea how likely that is though, all seems to have gone a bit quiet on the transfer front.

Need a new keeper as well as a new Centre back and striker, as i'm not at all convinced by Almunia, and Fabianski (despite being rated very highly...apparently) has looked pretty shaky on all the occasions I've seen him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
again, FFS, i posted in here 20 mins ago and now can't see it, but I bet as soon as I reply it'll show back up again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Time for a new computer/lap top it seems.
What's weird...is the fact that the computer i'm using at the moment is displaying everything fine and up to date...but....the other one about a foot away is all messed up and not showing anything right...how strange.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'm surprised Wenger hasn't been looking to buy a defensive mid-fielder i.e Senna. Still such an under-rated position in football.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm surprised Wenger hasn't been looking to buy a defensive mid-fielder i.e Senna. Still such an under-rated position in football.
Not really, it's common knowledge that nearly every decent team in the present day has one in their side 90% of the time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I imagine Arsene would see Gilberto as our screening midfielder now Flamini's ratted us out. If he goes tho we'd be in the market for one I'd guess.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
To be fair this time last year everyone was saying 2007/8 would be the season the Spurts finally overhaul us & look how that ended up. Slightly better luck with injuries and we could've pushed United even harder.
You're right, but IMO last year you did over perform slightly. And if you lose Adebayor, then along with Flamini then you'll have lost two big players in your success last season.

Contrast this with the summer of 2007, when the only player you lost of note was Henry, who had been bollocks in 06/07 anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You're right, but IMO last year you did over perform slightly. And if you lose Adebayor, then along with Flamini then you'll have lost two big players in your success last season.

Contrast this with the summer of 2007, when the only player you lost of note was Henry, who had been bollocks in 06/07 anyway.
Flamini is a big miss undoubtedly &, from what I read in the paper today, Wenger's looking to punt Gilberto to Panathinaikos, so we should be in the market for a holding midfielder soon.

Never been entirely convinced by Adebayor tho, had a purple patch for a couple of months either side of Xmas but his overall chance/goal ratio wouldn't actually be that flash. If we get £25m for him & sign Santa Cruz for (say) £15m I'd call it good business.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, I don't think Adebayor is worth £25m purely as an individual player, but he is your only source of height, and he's the only Arsenal player who will get into the box and look to get on the end of crosses. In that sense his importance to you as a side is underestimated IMO.

Should you then sign Santa Cruz for less though, it would be good business indeed.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Right....now that im bk...i thought this thread deserved a comebk as well...lol

speaking of comebks, i really loved what Adebayor said to the media fater the hull game...

its true...last season, arsenal were 10 points ahead at this stage and man utd ended up winning the league...i wouldnt write us off just yet...now its true, that not everyone would blow it the way arseal did, but im saying that anything is possible...arsenal are very much still in it...even if it is gonna b really difficult, but some of the odds ive seen on arsenal to win the league are terrible!

CMON ARSENAL!!!!!!! :)

Nishant

International 12th Man
Flamini is a big miss undoubtedly &, from what I read in the paper today, Wenger's looking to punt Gilberto to Panathinaikos, so we should be in the market for a holding midfielder soon.

Never been entirely convinced by Adebayor tho, had a purple patch for a couple of months either side of Xmas but his overall chance/goal ratio wouldn't actually be that flash. If we get £25m for him & sign Santa Cruz for (say) £15m I'd call it good business.
and we are still missing him...sad thing is that he hasnt been replaced!!!

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Henry kinda ran the team.. in his later years at Arsenal, which wasn't that good for the team.. although i wouldn't mind seeing him back for 1 last premiership season

analyst

U19 12th Man
Henry was good but regardless of all the jibes he gets his way, his record kind of lies. He has numerous assists also along with those wonderful goals. He was a fantastic team player, Arsene Wenger never managed to replace all the players he kept losing swiftly with each season either due to age or contract with another.