• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arsenal FC

Are Arsenal better with or without Henry??

• We are better without Henry

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • We need henry back

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Word out on the width factor, but i honestly don't think Hleb is that bad TBH not scored many goals that i can remember but he seems a good player. I am a bit surprised Arsenal didn't get Ribery given though, thought he was a shoe in to join Arsenal.
ribery is as overrated as they come, he has been pushed to the stars by the media due to the lack of genuine high quality wide alternatives in europe right now. has just joined bayern anyway.

hleb is painfully bad. tries a trick, falls over the ball, stumbles past someone, has an easy pass on, gives it away and doesn't bother chasing back. repeat over and over. t'is all he ever does.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
c'mon guys...surely u cant be serious abt Henry! Its just one poor season...im sure he'll be back with a bang nxt season. He's been injured most of the time, but he has played..he's done okay...its just we are used to him pulling off brilluance all the time. But i reckon he is still our no. 1 striker. Henry-van persie-adebayor as our strikers will rule nxt season!
You mean all the time against weak opposition.

His best days are gone. People bang on about how great his control, dribbling, passing, finishing or whatever is. The reality is these things he's only decent at, the thing that elevated him to being a good Premiership top club player was his pace. He's losing this and because he's falling back on the things he's only decent at he's now only going to be a decent club player.

reptillia

School Boy/Girl Captain
is it true that arsenal's ideal "replacement" for henry is obafemi martins??? no offence to him but i thought wenger would've been going for someone like Klass Jan Huntelaar or maybe even ivan klasnic as a replacement??

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
yeah it will obviously be the end of us, i mean there are no other good managers out there that can come in and do a good job at arsenal, watch out, villa, spurs, newcastle and man city are gonna take the world by storm 8-)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
an interesting looking player, as brumby has said....could be exciting, still one or two new players needed mind.

reptillia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah i'd like to see them sign a new central defender because when kolo toure goes to the african nations I don't want to see them left with Phillipe "to say he's clumsy is the biggest understatement there is" Senderos!!:laugh: Especially since there's suggestions that they will leave Johann Djourou go out on loan

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
loaning out djourou would be a waste of time in my eyes, hes already shown that he can do a more competent job than senderos in defence, should be given a go in midfield from time to time as well perhaps.

reptillia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah he seems decent with the ball so midfield could be an option especially since my opinion of Denilson went from thinking he was very good to thinking he's barely above crap :laugh:

Nishant

International 12th Man
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...+You+don't+have+to+spend+big+to+be+successful

Gilberto made the statement that arsenal dont have to spend big to be a force in the premiership...and i fully agree with him. It is true that you need to have a good squad so that u never feel that you dont have the right players in the right posistions. Sometimes you have enough players, but extensive injuries mean that u still lack players. I am glad arsenal didnt spend big...the side can glue together perfectly and play well...they are doing a good job.
Henry's departure was unfortunate because he was a really big asset...but we can still win the title. Man Utd have spent big over the summer but still they struggled at the start of the season. Big bad Chelsea just lost 2-0 to Villa...Lots of ppl underestimate the gunners...but they have been the best of the 'top 4' so far IMO....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
an interesting point, as an arsenal fan i agree that they have done well, but (would love it if i'm wrong) can't see them winning the league, the burden of expectation has been lifted from the team's shoulders which will help, also i believe the sale of Henry will actually help Arsenal as he was becoming a bit of an Ogre at the club, 4th place again i expect, anything more and i will be pleasantly surprised, anything less and i will be very dissapointed, fortunately spurs have started pretty badly.

Nishant

International 12th Man
an interesting point, as an arsenal fan i agree that they have done well, but (would love it if i'm wrong) can't see them winning the league, the burden of expectation has been lifted from the team's shoulders which will help, also i believe the sale of Henry will actually help Arsenal as he was becoming a bit of an Ogre at the club, 4th place again i expect, anything more and i will be pleasantly surprised, anything less and i will be very dissapointed, fortunately spurs have started pretty badly.
yh...always puts a smile on the face doesnt it? I get wot ur trying to say and agree with u abt the sale of Henry...Arsenal should benefit frm the lack of expectataion now.