Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: Pro Cycling Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Beat you to it by a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Astana are down for the Jayco Herald Sun Tour. Itstl.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cadel Evans is the new leader of the ProTour and will win it as long as he finishes in 17th spot, and/or Alejandro Valverde and Oscar Freire don't out do him after Danilo Di Luca was removed after being suspended because of his involvement in the "Oil for Drugs" scandal.

T-Mobile withdraw their sponsorship. But the team is still continuing, thankfully. Otherwise an angry mob of riders might have been at Patrik Sinkewitz's door.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Now I know nothing about cycling, but know a good bandwagon when I see (or read about) one. So congrats to Britain's Mark Cavendish who has won two stages of this year's Giro d'Italia, doubling the total of British stage wins over the last 99 years, or so says The Guardian's Richard Williams anyway.

Any of our more cycling literate posters aware of his work? Is he any good?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Now I know nothing about cycling, but know a good bandwagon when I see (or read about) one. So congrats to Britain's Mark Cavendish who has won two stages of this year's Giro d'Italia, doubling the total of British stage wins over the last 99 years, or so says The Guardian's Richard Williams anyway.

Mark Cavendish is a very good young sprinter with his best days ahead of him... a world champion on the track and a potential one on the road. Unfortunately, he is also a bit of a dick.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Yeah i'd agree with that.
    David Millar's still my favourite Brit cyclist, got done for drugs, put his hands up and said 'yeah fair enough, you got me', spent the two years off sorting out his life and now he's come back all outspoken about drugs. Unlike Landis, the fact he said yeah you got me, makes him respectable instead of an idiot.

Very talented with a lot of speed to burn. Probably the best thing to come out of the Isle of Mann since ever (I could be and probably am wrong). Very much a multiple Tour de France stage winner. However as chubb said he can be bit of a dick, got disqualified in a race in California earlier in the year for basically holding onto the team car back up to the bunch after a flat and took the win before the DNQ.

All of Britain's best cyclists are Welsh, Scottish (and born in Malta), half-Australian but born in Belgium and raised in London, or from the Isle of Mann.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubb View Post
    Mark Cavendish is a very good young sprinter with his best days ahead of him... a world champion on the track and a potential one on the road. Unfortunately, he is also a bit of a dick.
    Awta, except for the world champion on the road bit. Far as I see it, he'll struggle uphill, and they don't want sprinters to win it these days.

He's been doing good work in the Giro sprints, but not the stiffest competition. Also remember him for an interview Norwegian TV did with him before the Tour stage to Canterbury last year - they tried to ask about his familiarity with the Canterbury Tales. Rather priceless face expression on Cavendish then.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Awta, except for the world champion on the road bit. Far as I see it, he'll struggle uphill, and they don't want sprinters to win it these days.

He's been doing good work in the Giro sprints, but not the stiffest competition. Also remember him for an interview Norwegian TV did with him before the Tour stage to Canterbury last year - they tried to ask about his familiarity with the Canterbury Tales. Rather priceless face expression on Cavendish then.
    Huh. Typical smart-arse Norse & their ruthless exposing of the natives' ignorance of their own literary heritage.

Anyway, according to The Guardian Cavendish spurned the chance of a "historic" third stage win by letting his team mate take the flag ahead of him yesterday.

Would like to think it's a sign he's not a total dickhead, but his team mate calling him "Cavendish" rather than "Mark" doesn't suggest a close relatiionship.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Very cycling thing to do, Boonen handed Steegmans(iirc) a win in the TdF last year because he led him out too well.

Huh. Typical smart-arse Norse & their ruthless exposing of the natives' ignorance of their own literary heritage.

Anyway, according to The Guardian Cavendish spurned the chance of a "historic" third stage win by letting his team mate take the flag ahead of him yesterday.

Would like to think it's a sign he's not a total dickhead, but his team mate calling him "Cavendish" rather than "Mark" doesn't suggest a close relatiionship.
    You see that in football though, a manager calls one of his players by his surname, I've seen Wenger, Mourinho and SAF all do it for example. Obviously English isn't Greipel's first language (I assume he gave it in English) it just came out, even if he was speaking in German.

Did anybody see Frank Schlek's crash in the Tour of Switzerland? He was very lucky.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    When is that fantasy TDF page going up? Can't remember the link.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Boredmeeting Champion!
    I can check when i get home. Home on the 28th, so should be time enough.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread Information