• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pro Cycling Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Would be even better if they actually bothered to do research and not copy off db-makers with too much spare time...while at the same time changing the database so that said db-makers have to adapt to a new system every time a new version comes around.
The fact they don't have the licenice to use so many riders and teams is sometimes annoying.

Craig

World Traveller

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have the one which covers the 2005 season. You have Quick Step, but then you have Tom Bounen, Michael Regers, Paolo Buttini, Discovery Channel is known as Lost Chanel with Lance Nailstrung, Roger Hommond, George Hancapie, Yaroslav Pepovych etc.

Quality rant by Bradley Wiggins - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/apr07/apr27news2
I'd have got annoyed and used the editor on that (there's certainly one on my version).

Thanks for that link - Tour of Britain route announced in the same thing.
'The third stage takes the riders from Worcester to Wolverhampton, and will be one of the shortest stages of the race', that'll be my local stage and i reckon i'll sign up to marshall it again.

Speaking of which, i'm about 85% certain i'll be TdF marshalling in July too. :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
I'd have got annoyed and used the editor on that (there's certainly one on my version).

Thanks for that link - Tour of Britain route announced in the same thing.
'The third stage takes the riders from Worcester to Wolverhampton, and will be one of the shortest stages of the race', that'll be my local stage and i reckon i'll sign up to marshall it again.

Speaking of which, i'm about 85% certain i'll be TdF marshalling in July too. :cool:
And hopefully it will get ProTour status soon. AFAIC Tour of Britian > Tour of Poland & ENECO Tour (the two races nobody actually cares about).

Matteh

Was boosted last year by the fact guys like Boonen showed up for it and bothered to win some stages. Year before it was dominated by Nuyens who isn't really high profile.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Was boosted last year by the fact guys like Boonen showed up for it and bothered to win some stages. Year before it was dominated by Nuyens who isn't really high profile.
Good rider all the same. Will win a classic before he retires, I reckon.

Craig

World Traveller
What I would do is have the prolouge and chuck in a TT in there of around 30-35km to keep it short and exciting, sometimes the 50km plus tests are boring.

Liege is on tonight any tips? I'll go Di Luca.

Matteh

Huge overhaul of cycling going on.

Hamilton and Jaksche look like they could be on their way out too.

Craig

World Traveller
Huge overhaul of cycling going on.

Hamilton and Jaksche look like they could be on their way out too.
Yep, if your cheating get out now and save face. I must admit I wasn't really much of a fan of T-Mobile up until now, I've alway admired Erik Zabel, loved how Alexandre Vinokourov races and Andreas Kloden (sort of been my nickname since I sort of pass a bit of resemblence to him apparently), but the team was a shambles with secluded groups and a bunch of prima donnas, but give them credit, all of those guys are gone and a new team has emergered and a team effort, like mixing the riders up when they share a room on training camps races who wouldn't usually room together so they get to know each other, the professionalism, and some good good crop of young riders and experienced riders and with the misson of racing clean.

I'm happy for all of this. Always figured this might come back to haunt Disocvery especially with the hunt of a new sponsor. Basso was meant to have a domestique delux in Yaroslav Popovych for the Giro, perhaps he could be a good outsider for the Giro now.

Matteh

T Mobile have always been my favourite team since i watched the Tour for the first time in 1996. (The year Rijs won iirc.) :cool:

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Steve Cummings picked for Discovery's Giro squad. Here's hoping he'll get a stage win.

Coincidently the DS will be another Brit in Sean Yates.

Craig

World Traveller
Another update: Bradley Wiggins wins the prolouge in the Four Days of Dunkirk (yet it is a 6 day race) while with Basso it was apparently 'attempted doping', not actually doping itself :wacko:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Another update: Bradley Wiggins wins the prolouge in the Four Days of Dunkirk (yet it is a 6 day race) while with Basso it was apparently 'attempted doping', not actually doping itself :wacko:
Basso: largest liar this side of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

Oh, and Wiggins won by 12 seconds in a 9km race. Respect!

Last edited:

Matteh

Cavendish is doing the 4 days of Dunkirk as well, set a time 55 seconds behind Wiggins.

Basso is speaking some rubbish. 'I thought about doping but didn't go through with it'.