• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are the Socceroos a better team than England ?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Salamuddin said:
My apologies....the actual words were an "off-form" England was the actual excuse.....so if you can use the "off-form" excuse gainst Macedonia, why can't I use that for France ?

Not that it really matters....it always seems like England have excuses....whenever they fail....and you did bring up "we were so unlucky" in the other thread, you never once acknowledge the fact maybe England aren't simply good enough - most likely explanation I think.

And my actual argument pertains to Australia's capabilities vis a vis England's, my dear sir.

I didn't even say England were "off-form". At least bother to quote me right.

England have the players which are good enough to win the WC or EC, of that there is no question.

So why would you bring up in your second post of this thread England's recent results against non-Australian opposition?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Friendlies mean **** mate.
Couple that with the fact that we had a 4th/5th XI out, and the fact that the management didn't even take the game seriously enough to give the guy who scored our goal another cap ever again...:laugh:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
Couple that with the fact that we had a 4th/5th XI out, and the fact that the management didn't even take the game seriously enough to give the guy who scored our goal another cap ever again...:laugh:
Well you know, I'm going easy on the fellow I'm no bully.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Matteh said:
Tim Cahill would atm i reckon. :p
Nah, he wouldn't. You're saying he's one of the best central midfielders in the world? Not likely. I saw him spend 90 minutes complaining to the ref at Fratton Park last season and not doing much else. Sean Davis had a poor debut and still kept him quiet.

Fantastic player, but lacking the raw talent to become world-class IMO.

grecian

Salamuddin said:
Not that it really matters....it always seems like England have excuses....whenever they fail....and you did bring up "we were so unlucky" in the other thread, you never once acknowledge the fact maybe England aren't simply good enough - most likely explanation I think.
Aussies never make excuses though do they, bad officiating, bad umpiring, a whiny bully being injured, a pratt on the field....

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
You can only play what gets put out infront of you...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Well you know, I'm going easy on the fellow I'm no bully.
I've wasted my Friday night on a six-hour shift at work and I've got back-to-back shifts over the weekend to look forward to, I'm in no mood to spare anyone else a hard time! :laugh: :dry:

Matteh

Barney Rubble said:
Nah, he wouldn't. You're saying he's one of the best central midfielders in the world? Not likely. I saw him spend 90 minutes complaining to the ref at Fratton Park last season and not doing much else. Sean Davis had a poor debut and still kept him quiet.

Fantastic player, but lacking the raw talent to become world-class IMO.
He's in so much form atm though. Easily one of the players of the Premiership so far this season, which surely means he's one of the best midfielders in the world atm?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Performances aren't basiced on one game, if so Robinson will never play another international.
Wtf does "basiced" mean, spunkbubble?

Robbo didn't **** up, and if you'd seen the incident you'd realise that.

Then again you are a complete ****wit so who knows..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
You can only play what gets put out infront of you...
Yes, that's true, but you've defeated your own argument there. Beating poor teams doesn't make you good, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and in that game that was exactly what you did - you beat a team of players who were barely international standard.

Beating poor teams regularly and convincingly, and beating big teams when it matters is what makes you good. Come back when you're hammering someone that isn't American Samoa. :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Wtf does "basiced" mean, spunkbubble?

Robbo didn't **** up, and if you'd seen the incident you'd realise that.

Then again you are a complete ****wit so who knows..
lol where did that come from.

he made a mistake, not as bad as Kalac but all i was saying that you don't drop a player cus they have one bad game or make one mistake.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
lol where did that come from.

he made a mistake, not as bad as Kalac but all i was saying that you don't drop a player cus they have one bad game or make one mistake.
Well you are a spunkbubble, I couldn't help it.

:D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Yes, that's true, but you've defeated your own argument there. Beating poor teams doesn't make you good, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and in that game that was exactly what you did - you beat a team of players who were barely international standard.

Beating poor teams regularly and convincingly, and beating big teams when it matters is what makes you good. Come back when you're hammering someone that isn't American Samoa. :p
Last time i checked you had a full strength side in the first half and they were all international standard and then you brought on the crap players in the 2nd half, when the game was already lost.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Matteh said:
He's in so much form atm though. Easily one of the players of the Premiership so far this season, which surely means he's one of the best midfielders in the world atm?
Define "one of the best"....IMO it means top 10, and for mine he'd struggle to make top 20, there are a lot of very good central midfielders around atm. Off the top of my head, you've got:

Gerrard
Ballack
Essien
Fabregas
Lampard
Alonso
Zokora
Rosicky
Mascherano

And even if not all of those are in good form this year, that's just the Premiership. It's a tough call, but for mine he misses out.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Define "one of the best"....IMO it means top 10, and for mine he'd struggle to make top 20, there are a lot of very good central midfielders around atm. Off the top of my head, you've got:

Gerrard
Ballack
Essien
Fabregas
Lampard
Alonso
Zokora
Rosicky
Mascherano

And even if not all of those are in good form this year, that's just the Premiership. It's a tough call, but for mine he misses out.
Personally i would have him behind Lampard, but thats just me.