• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW XI - Football

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree that we would need to have at least 4 domestic teams.. I also agree with the use of CW Land Towns, like i said i want it to be similar to CW Cricket..

Im not to Familiar with ESMS but im sure that we could come up with some decent match reports..

Asia IMO is the way to go...

We would also need a few simmers as things like simming of International matches in tournaments etc would be a pretty big job..

All in all i think it is a concept that could take off as much as CW Cricket did..

Agent TBY

International Captain
Matteh said:
Allow players to pick 5 qualities they think they are best at, so that the assigning of skills isn't completely random.
ESMS+ only has 4 attributes.

EDIT: Cloete, Steds and myself've used ESMS pretty heavily before, so I think we could help out in some level.

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I'd be more than happy to sim and write match reports, as long as I could get a copy of ESMS from somewhere :p

yer i am happy to write match reports also or simm games so yer count me doubly in lol

Hoggy31

International Captain
Should be played strictly during CWXI off-season but the length of the off-season shouldn't be extended. CWXI should still take precedence.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Hoggy31 said:
Should be played strictly during CWXI off-season but the length of the off-season shouldn't be extended. CWXI should still take precedence.
I was thinking more of both running simultaneously.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agent TBY said:

EDIT: Cloete, Steds and myself've used ESMS pretty heavily before, so I think we could help out in some level.
Fair enough - was thinking of what you can do in CM/FM, but something similiar would be good

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy31 said:
That could work, I mean we would need time to get everything setup etc..

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Would deffinitely be interested in joining. I's also like to help, in any way possible, looks like a great idea, hope it gets off the ground.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Agent TBY said:

Indeed, on both counts. Interesting proposition.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hoggy31 said:
It's taken 3002 posts and finally we've got a good one.

I personally think the CWLand map needs a little bit of tweaking, and this would be a good excuse to do so...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer with blewy behind the brains it will get off the ground. Just let me help blewy :P

Hoggy31

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
It's taken 3002 posts and finally we've got a good one.

I personally think the CWLand map needs a little bit of tweaking, and this would be a good excuse to do so...
C'mon mate, I've got at least 3 or 4 other good ones.

Agent TBY

International Captain
pinchy81 said:
i concur it would be easier to write reports as it basically writes thm for you
You wouldn't be concurring, because I objected. :unsure:

ESMS does much more detailed Match Reports than Fifa Manager, yet someone here found it insufficient.