• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the unlikeliest teams are having streaks this year...the bucks are on a 5 game tear right now, having just beaten the spurs....:-O , the warriors are playing much better this year while two of last year's much improved teams, the clippers and the grizzlies(they are really pathetic right now) are struggling....one thing i am happy about is that the lakers are showing real improvement this season that too in a highly competitive west, hope odom comes back from injury quickly....

Dravid

International Captain
Anil said:
the unlikeliest teams are having streaks this year...the bucks are on a 5 game tear right now, having just beaten the spurs....:-O , the warriors are playing much better this year while two of last year's much improved teams, the clippers and the grizzlies(they are really pathetic right now) are struggling....one thing i am happy about is that the lakers are showing real improvement this season that too in a highly competitive west, hope odom comes back from injury quickly....
The Grizzlies know they have no chance of getting anywhere, so they are hunting Greg Oden in the 2007 draft.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Mavs now first in Southwest after defeating Charlotte last night. The Bobcats did give us a scare though. 7 game win streak for Mavs. Next up is Phoenix, who will be looking to avenge their loss to us earlier in the year.

Dravid

International Captain
Fusion said:
Mavs now first in Southwest after defeating Charlotte last night. The Bobcats did give us a scare though. 7 game win streak for Mavs. Next up is Phoenix, who will be looking to avenge their loss to us earlier in the year.
Josh Howard is playing like an all star these days. Tell anyone who didn't follow the NBA Draft in 2003 that he was the 29th overall pick, and they won't believe you.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
Josh Howard is playing like an all star these days. Tell anyone who didn't follow the NBA Draft in 2003 that he was the 29th overall pick, and they won't believe you.
Not to mention, San Antonio badly wanted to draft him. They would've, had they picked ahead of Dallas. If the 2003 draft was held today, I can't see Josh being picked lower than 5th.

Dravid

International Captain
Fusion said:
Not to mention, San Antonio badly wanted to draft him. They would've, had they picked ahead of Dallas. If the 2003 draft was held today, I can't see Josh being picked lower than 5th.
Yea, if the Draft was today it would probably be

1) LeBron
2) Wade
3) Bosh
4) Anthony
5) Howard.

Dravid

International Captain
Fusion said:
Yeah that's exactly how I'd draft them as well. :)
I still can't believe though that Milicic was drafted #2 by Pistons. I mean c mon, you had D wade in that draft, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony...and they went to draft Darko Milicic. Probably the only day in my life I cursed off the pistons.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
I still can't believe though that Milicic was drafted #2 by Pistons. I mean c mon, you had D wade in that draft, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony...and they went to draft Darko Milicic. Probably the only day in my life I cursed off the pistons.
Yup one of the worst draft day decisions ever. I think they envisioned another Dirk when they took him. Didn't work out that way for them though. I'm afraid Piston fans will regret this one for a long time to come.

Dravid

International Captain
Mavs Suns game is on in India so I woke up to watch it. Looking forward on seeing Howard, and Amare tonight. Both will be the keys imo

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's maddening how NO lead is safe against the Suns! You're up by like 15 and within 5 minutes you're down by 2!

Dravid

International Captain
Haha, Nash is amazing. There was a between the leg pass to Matrix which he didn't finish. If matrix finished that, it would have easily been the play of the season so far.

Dravid

International Captain
Dirk, fires it up with 1 second left, and hits!!!!!! What a shot!!! Amazing! Timeout called 1 second left on the clock

Fusion

Global Moderator
Fusion said:
It's maddening how NO lead is safe against the Suns! You're up by like 15 and within 5 minutes you're down by 2!
Of course because Phoenix is allergic to playing defence, the reverse can be true as well. Suns had a 8 point lead in the 4th, but Mavs come back and win the game. What a money shot by Dirk with one 1 second remaining!!! Mavs have the best record in the West. :)

Dravid

International Captain
35 - 27 Denver 1st qtr. Great 1st for Denver, AI leading the scoring with 14 I believe in the first