• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
everybody makes a mistake???? yea but his wasnt justified what so ever

we already saw what happend with the pistons and indiana i think it was

that fight was ALL OVER THE PLACE, the nba then took strict measures and sent out strong messages to players

to almost completely ignore that incident, there just isnt any excuse, these guys should recieve a severe ban

u have to consider the kids out there who follow these guys as role models, it has a HUGE impact on the kids, and nba better punish these guys harsher then what happend with artest so this doenst happen again
Like I said, I never said don't ban him. I'm just saying Melo realized what he did was wrong, and is just saying sorry for it, not asking not to be banned

Fusion

Global Moderator
The NBA hands down punishments. Appropiate response IMO:

Punishment landed Monday. Highlights: Carmelo Anthony is suspended 15 games, Nate Robinson and J.R. Smith got 10 each and both clubs were fined $500,000.

Dravid

International Captain
The suspensions to the players seem fine to me. Melo won't be back for a while, but I thought the fine to the teams shuold be more than 500k. Don't think that's enough to send the message to other team and players

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If the Nicks go down by more than 5 points after leading by 10 with only a few minutes left, I'm gonna kill someone! :mad:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Argh worst result possible, its going into over time, so my point spread bet could be lost.

I would have rathered the Nicks lose by 1, rather than Utah scoring to let it go into over time. Now they may rampage home by more than 5 points.

Edit: Nicks won by 1 pt in over time anyway. Sweet :)

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey. NBA people. I need a question answered. What does a 'C' on the jersey mean?

I watched Milwaulkee v Seattle last week and I thought the 'C' meant captain, but 3 Milwaulkee players had 'C' on their jersey...what's up with that?

Dravid

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Hey. NBA people. I need a question answered. What does a 'C' on the jersey mean?

I watched Milwaulkee v Seattle last week and I thought the 'C' meant captain, but 3 Milwaulkee players had 'C' on their jersey...what's up with that?
No clue really. Could be in memory of someone.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Mister Wright said:

C does mean captain, so milawuke has 3 captains, or i guess 2 are vice

but im pretty sure it means 3 captains

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
iverson moves to denver...not sure if that's the best thing for the nuggets with the way the guy hogs the basketball...and they lose a fine point guard like miller in the deal, don't know if it was worth it...iverson has one of the highest number of shot-attempts per game and a career scoring % of 42%, philly tolerated it, their entire offense was built around it, i don't quite see carmelo or even smith for that matter playing 2nd fiddle to iverson like webber did...can he suddenly change his style and become more unselfish, as it is, he seldom rebounds, rarely defends, his style is scoring and assisting, he needs to do more of the assisting and less of the scoring....

Dravid

International Captain
Unbelievable. Iverson + Melo = Championship for sure.

BTW the teams are waiting for conformation from the league, the second the trade is finalized, Denver Nuggets = my favorite team

Last edited:

Mister Wright

mohammad16 said:
C does mean captain, so milawuke has 3 captains, or i guess 2 are vice

but im pretty sure it means 3 captains
Hmm...maybe. Bogut was one of the players. Seems strange for a 2nd season player to be captain or vice.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Unbelievable. Iverson + Melo = Championship for sure.

BTW the teams are waiting for conformation from the league, the second the trade is finalized, Denver Nuggets = my favorite team
still no d:) , they might well go deep in the playoffs, but i don't think they are a championship team...

Dravid

International Captain
not the best defense team the league, but with so mufch offense, who needs defense...plus once K mart is fit they will have atleast decent d.

Mister Wright

Bucks smashed Heat...:)

Bucks starting to get their season underway after a shocking start. They now sit @ 11-14 with a 2 game winning streak. They are in one of the toughest divisions. Hopefully they are in playoff contention when I see them on April 4.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Iverson to the Nuggets won't guarantee a title anymore than McGrady to the Rockets has... but I can see Iverson playing second fiddle no problem.

Dravid

International Captain
ohtani's jacket said:
Iverson to the Nuggets won't guarantee a title anymore than McGrady to the Rockets has... but I can see Iverson playing second fiddle no problem.
Iverson the Nuggets doesn't guarantee you a title but it sure does increase your chance by a long time, cause the Nuggets still have better players than Rockets if you take out Iverson and Melo from Nuggets and you take out Yao and McGrady from Rockets.

Dravid

International Captain
Detroit come out on top of the Cavs and LeBron. The question today was, how were the Pistons going to stop LeBron, well in the fourth qtr, not only did they stop LeBron, but they stopped the whole team.