• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** I hate you Adelaide. Also, why the **** would you bring on Simon Lynch instead of Robbie Kruse.

Also quite annoyed because the QLD home match is the day after I have my ingrown toenail cut out in day surgery. Meaning, I more than likely won't be able to go :@:@ :(:(

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
**** I hate you Adelaide. Also, why the **** would you bring on Simon Lynch instead of Robbie Kruse.

Also quite annoyed because the QLD home match is the day after I have my ingrown toenail cut out in day surgery. Meaning, I more than likely won't be able to go :@:@ :(:(
Just turn up FFS it's a final.

Agree on the Lynch thing though, what's with all the teams leaving game breakers on the bench!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Soft, no wonder your a Shane Watson fan.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Omg

was anyone else's eyes spewing watching the Adelaide vs Queensland match on TV??

You'll know what im talking about if you watched it

Mister Wright

Man up. They do have seats at Suncorp Stadium.

Johnners

Man up. They do have seats at Suncorp Stadium.
Nah, thats not the problem. The problem is getting down there. I won't be able to drive, and the mate I was planning on going with mightn't be able to go which leaves me without a ride....

Johnners

Hah, would hate to see the taxi fare from Pittsworth to Brisbane. Don't think there has ever been a train from Pittsworth to Brisbane, and there certainly is no bus from Pittsworth to Brisbane. Believe me, if I could get there, I'd be there in a flash....

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Squad v Qatar: John Aloisi, Michael Beauchamp, Mark Bresciano, Mark Bridge, Alex Brosque, Jacob Burns, Tim Cahill, Nick Carle, David Carney, Simon Colosimo, Ante Covic, Jason Culina, Bruce Djite, Travis Dodd, Brett Emerton, Vince Grella, Adam Griffiths, Joel Griffiths, James Holland, Brett Holman, Josh Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Scott McDonald, Mark Milligan, Craig Moore, Kevin Muscat, Stuart Musialik, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Tom Pondeljak, Mark Schwarzer, Archie Thompson, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Michael Thwaite, James Troisi, Carl Valeri, Rodrigo Vargas, Danny Vukovic, Luke Wilkshire.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Refreshing to see some international players in the mix. I just hope we pick them in our starting XI 'cos screwing this match up will have it's repercussions...

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Burns - 30 year old plays in Poland, only 5 caps with the Socceroos.

Musialik - 22 year old plays for Newcastle Jets. Strong midfielder and a handy shut-down player.

Topor-Stanley - 22 year old plays for Perth Glory, scored 3 goals in the Socceroo's under23 squad, could make it into the starting XI.

Troisi - Only 19 years old and plays an attacking midfield/striker role at Newcastle Jets. Hasn't debuted in A-League but has a goal to his name in the Australian under20 squad.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting to see which A-League players make the final squad if all European players make the trip. This would be my final 23.

Squad v Qatar: John Aloisi, Michael Beauchamp, Mark Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Nick Carle, David Carney, Simon Colosimo, Ante Covic, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Vince Grella, Brett Holman, Josh Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Scott McDonald, Mark Milligan, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Mark Schwarzer, Archie Thompson, Michael Thwaite, Carl Valeri, Luke Wilkshire.

With the following missing out:

Mark Bridge, Alex Brosque, Bruce Djite, Travis Dodd, Adam Griffiths, James Holland, Kevin Muscat, Stuart Musialik, Tom Pondeljak, Rodrigo Vargas, Danny Vukovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Joel Griffiths, Jade North, James Troisi, Jacob Burns

I reckon this might be the final XI:

Schwarzer, Moore, Beauchamp, Neill (c), Emerton, Grella, Cahill, Culina, Carney, Kewell, MacDonald

I doubt all the players will comeback but should be one of strongest sides we had back in Australia for a while.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Squad v Qatar: John Aloisi, Michael Beauchamp, Mark Bresciano, Mark Bridge, Alex Brosque, Jacob Burns, Tim Cahill, Nick Carle, David Carney, Simon Colosimo, Ante Covic, Jason Culina, Bruce Djite, Travis Dodd, Brett Emerton, Vince Grella, Adam Griffiths, Joel Griffiths, James Holland, Brett Holman, Josh Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Scott McDonald, Mark Milligan, Craig Moore, Kevin Muscat, Stuart Musialik, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Tom Pondeljak, Mark Schwarzer, Archie Thompson, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Michael Thwaite, James Troisi, Carl Valeri, Rodrigo Vargas, Danny Vukovic, Luke Wilkshire.
No Stefanutto? Fallen out of favour?