• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that was great that the Jets thrashed Melbourne, hopefully Sydney can do the job against Qld and the Roar will be watching the finals on TV...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I love the Jets, Mark Bridge what a star. Come on Sydney just have to knock over Roar. Also i think Melbourne are right for the taking, i can't see them winning the comp from here, playing some pretty average football now.

Simon

I love the Jets, Mark Bridge what a star. Come on Sydney just have to knock over Roar. Also i think Melbourne are right for the taking, i can't see them winning the comp from here, playing some pretty average football now.
i disagree, i dont think Melbourne will drop another match this year...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:(:(:(:( :@:@ ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Sydney, should've lost more than 3 points for the salary cap breach i'm sure

Simon

Qld had their chances and again couldnt score a goal when it mattered, the right four teams made the finals and it would have been a tragedy had Sydney missed out and the Roar made it...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It would have been a joke if a crap team like Roar made it through. All these injuries and loss of points and we are still in the semis. I can see us beating the Jets with our current squad, but we need a few players back in two weeks when i think we will be playing Melbourne.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Will be a massive shock if Melbourne don't win given how they walked the league.
Its about peaking at the right time when it comes to finals football. They have been on a slide for a while now, starting with that loss to the Knights. Mind you none of the sides have been in great form. Jets are probably playing the best football, but are leaking a lot of goals.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
melbourne having been fielding a full strength side for the matches...resting their players for the finals, and thought it would be an easier road to the finals if only one of Roar or Sydney made it through....

they botched the game against newcastle

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Newcastle and Adelaide to win this weekend.

Adelaide to finally get through to the Grand Final next weekend.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm tipping the Jets & Victory to meet in the final after the Jets went down 2-1 away to Sydney, whilst Melbourne & Adelaide could only manage a draw at Hindmarsh stadium.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm our seasons over 2-0 loss to the Jets and 3-2 on agg. Played way too defensive at the start of the game and once Griffiths scored we could never change the temp of the game. Even though i don't think Butcher did that bad considering all our injuries, i think that might be last game. Hopefully if it is then we get a new manager soon, so he can build his own team. Biggest problem we have had the last two season, is that the manager hasn't been able to build a side around the way he wants to play football.

Brosque send off probably changed the match it has to be said.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
2-0 to the JETS:)

I went to the game last night, pretty poor display by Sydney, they didn't really look for any goals IMO