• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Snooker

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fuller & Murphy productions bring you: CW Snooker. Those interested will compete for the prestigious Rhett Biglands Trophy, in an online snooker tournament over at www.gamedesire.com. Those not interested will ignore the thread. If you suck at snooker, don't worry, because you don't actually have to be any good at it to play it online.

If interested, post in this thread, and we'll cut off the entries at an as-yet undecided cutoff point. I hereby pass all the most difficult organisation duties over to benchmark00, as I've gone to the trouble of making the thread.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a feeling that i can't play until June 3rd...
The militant Bangor Uni firewall isn't letting me play :(
(I know we haven't started yet but thought i'd try it out but meh)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Just tried it, plays the same as most internet pool - smooth and competent but crap unfortunately.
It has some flaws, as you'd expect for a free online sim, but it's good fun nevertheless and there's a definite skill to it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
It has some flaws, as you'd expect for a free online sim, but it's good fun nevertheless and there's a definite skill to it.
It's uses a pool table and it plays like pool. Just belt the reds and one goes in most of the time, anything near the cushion is a dead cert - it looks nice and mechanically it works, it just isn't snooker.

cricketboy29

International Regular
But like matteh, won't be able to play until the June 5th. Uni firewall..

EDIT: As a matter of fact, it looks like I can play, so as of now. I'm fully in.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
It's uses a pool table and it plays like pool. Just belt the reds and one goes in most of the time, anything near the cushion is a dead cert - it looks nice and mechanically it works, it just isn't snooker.
Scaly's only happy when it rains.

He's only happy when it's complicated...