• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mundine v Green

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Unanimous points decision to Mundine. As the commentators said, Green had no plan B and by the end of it I felt Mundine was toying with him. Green, to his credit though, stayed on his feet.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was an amazing fight! Easily the best (non-movie) fight I have ever seen. Green came out blazing in the first round, but it was an ominous sign that Mundine could still hit back late in the first round. From then on, Mundine was just far too quick, and Green couldn't land a big punch although he tried many times. Mundine's accuracy and speed won him the fight in the end. And there is no doubt he is a much smarter fighter than Green. Even I was amazed at Mundine's speed, and I couldn't believe how many times he jabbed Green when he had his gloves up.

Green put in an amazing performance, and was always one hard punch away from victory, but Mundine was too quick and evasive to let Green get one in early and then when he did hit Mundine later the punches didn't have much venom. Mundine just ran away with it from the 4th round.

Great fight!

Mister Wright

Did anyone see the 'Hoppa' fight. It lasted all of 47 seconds and his opponent looked like he'd been plucked from the nearest pub. He then took control of the post match interview and challenged Mark Geyer to a fight. Funny stuff.

howardj

International Coach
I was actually surprised how gracious Mundine was towards Green, in victory.

The respect that they showed towards each other was pleasing.

Anyway, whatever one thinks about Mundine, he's a champion athlete.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Did anyone see the 'Hoppa' fight. It lasted all of 47 seconds and his opponent looked like he'd been plucked from the nearest pub. He then took control of the post match interview and challenged Mark Geyer to a fight. Funny stuff.
I felt sorry for big Frank. He never stood a chance by the looks of it.

How good was the guy who walked in to 'Forever Young'? My mates and I had just said how good it would be if someone walked out to that song. He fought well to get a draw as well, seeing as the other guy was 11-0 and his record was fairly crap.

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
I felt sorry for big Frank. He never stood a chance by the looks of it.

How good was the guy who walked in to 'Forever Young'? My mates and I had just said how good it would be if someone walked out to that song. He fought well to get a draw as well, seeing as the other guy was 11-0 and his record was fairly crap.
Was that the last fight before Mundine's with the Indonesian guy? If so, I thought he was a dirty fighter, and I don't think he deserved the fight although he fought back well in the last round. The Indonesian guy had some good rounds.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
He was Filipino. I thought the Aussie guy was fighting dirty actually, putting in cheap shots all over the place. We respected the Filipino though, what a champion.

Forever young, I want to be forever young

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
He was Filipino. I thought the Aussie guy was fighting dirty actually, putting in cheap shots all over the place. We respected the Filipino though, what a champion.

Forever young, I want to be forever young
I must be the only one who doesn't like that version of that song. Although I'm probably being persuaded by the fact that when I saw Youth Group at the BDO they were pathetic.

But yeah, we were saying the same thing about the Filipino - Thought he was Indoneasian. Maybe that's why my Alexander Downer jokes didn't go down that well...:ph34r:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mundine was just far too quick. Never been in such a packed pub before. Personally, the highlight of the night was seeing John Hopoate putting that guy on his bum inside 50 seconds.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Personally, the highlight of the night was seeing John Hopoate putting that guy on his bum inside 50 seconds
Good to hear he's trying different things with his opponent's bum.