• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Netball

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
It's played in most of the cricket playing countries. I want to know how big it is in the respective countries, such as how much support is given by crowds and the like.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
well here in the UK its very much a girls game, very few men play it, very small crowds, not very popular really.

Piper

International Captain
I guess its not really that big only gets coverage during the olympics etc... but we have to play it at school during the summer so

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
boys at my school never even get the chance to play it, its not one of the options, they have to do one of the more masculin sports i suppose :p

Piper

International Captain
sledger said:
boys at my school never even get the chance to play it, its not one of the options, they have to do one of the more masculin sports i suppose :p
Hey... Henry :p
We dont get a choice at my school we have to do it... well i dont have to anymore :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i dont have to do PE anymore either, i still do from time to time mind you, although football and cricket are the only things i have any intrest in really....also tennis and squash now you mention it although havent played either of those for a while now.

Piper

International Captain
sledger said:
i dont have to do PE anymore either, i still do from time to time mind you, although football and cricket are the only things i have any intrest in really....also tennis and squash now you mention it although havent played either of those for a while now.
I havent played a sport for a while to be honest :mellow:

Chubb

International Regular
We used to have to play it at primary school, as well as plastic stick hockey (I was goalie) & rounders (My speciality was to set up as a right hander then shift just before the throw to my left, batting, hand and knock it where there weren't any fielders.). My little sis is a 2ndary school rep at it but that isn't saying all that much because it's only a state school.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Netball is the most participated in sport in Australia now, obviously more in the female category ;)

it still cant make it onto commercial TV though :(