• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Celtic FC

DJellett

International Debutant
Yeah they can join the Conference League, but it will be sh*t for the years they are in Conference, D3, D2 and D1 because they will sh*t it in...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, they wouldn't be able to join the Conference - there's loads below that.

Besides which, 2 more points they're not English, and by any merger, FIFA would be completely overhauled.

Also, even if they were in the Premiership they'd be mid table mediocrity.

Craig

World Traveller
I think that is why they want to get in, get more money, pay off any debts (and in Rangers case a lot) and be able to use the money to attract better players, instead of fat, crap, journeymen who haven't done much before and is doubtfull they will ever do so again.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
No, they wouldn't be able to join the Conference - there's loads below that.

Besides which, 2 more points they're not English, and by any merger, FIFA would be completely overhauled.

Also, even if they were in the Premiership they'd be mid table mediocrity.
*points to Caerdydd and Abertawe already being in the English leagues...* :p

Craig

World Traveller
And so are Swansea, Cardiff, and Wrexham.

But I think they were in before the Welsh league began.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
And so are Swansea, Cardiff, and Wrexham.

But I think they were in before the Welsh league began.
Your reasoning's correct - also Newport County, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Tydfil.