• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has a better national soccer team ?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I changed from Chelsea to Middlesborough. Too disillusioned with the whole "lets cheat like it's a computer game and make our player budget $125billion" thing.

Cloete

International Captain
I've been getting back into Leeds recently. So I'll definitely be keeping track of them throughout the season, would love a return to the EPL for them!

If Newcastle secure one or two (or all :p) of Moore, Dukes, Emerton and Viduka then I'll probably be going for them. They're linked with all 4, so it will be interesting.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That's cool but Tottenham just missed out on Europe and they've got some good yongsters there with a bit of experience. I wouldn't count them out next season. Good though to see that you're sticking by Leeds. Would have been kinda wrong to just leave them because they got relegated but c'est la vie.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
IIRC didn't Bosnar get released?

Oh and Parma have stayed up and Bolonga went down.
Yeah Bosnar got released.

It good to see Parma say up, i didn't think could do it after the first leg, back i guess the players they got back made the difference.

BTW does anyone know if Hayden Foxe is playing for anyone or is he still passed out infront of a nightclub

Craig

World Traveller
Last I new of he was at Portsmouth, but I have no idea actually. I don't think he played a game for them all season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hes left portsmouth, they released him a while back.....somewhere in germany or italy i think....

roseboy64

I say Argentina's got the better side. Though, England is still a favourite for Germany 2006. Along with Holland and Brazil. Maybe Germany as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
germany will have a chance because of their home advantage, but at this moment in time they dont possess anywhere nearly as much quality as a lot of the other sides, england included.

roseboy64

Yeah. That's why I included them. Apart from that I don't think they'll pose much of a challenge but we've still got a while to go before summer 2006.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
true, they do have decent emerging players, well a few anyway, lahm and sweinsteiger look quite decent.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Owen, Rooney, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J Cole, Neville, A Cole, Terry and Ferdinand/Campbell and Robinson in goal.

I wouldn't say anyone is better than England by a 'country mile' as such...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gloucefan said:
Owen, Rooney, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, J Cole, Neville, A Cole, Terry and Ferdinand/Campbell and Robinson in goal.

I wouldn't say anyone is better than England by a 'country mile' as such...
neither are england better than any other of the best nations by a country mile

roseboy64

Even Brazil aren't that dominating anymore. Go Mexico!!! They're the kings of CONCACAF. USA's the main challenger there. My country's one of the top sides but didn't make it to the last round of qualifying because of some messed up team selections and crappy finishing. When I see some of the teams that made it through I just feel terrible.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I think the European threats will come fom Holland/Germany with England and Czech Republic as the dark horses.
I expect Brazil and Argentina will progress far in the tournament.

I will be supporting the African teams. :D