• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Yeah, another is Greg Inglis (he is contracted to the Storm) I don't know how manny opportunities he will get there with Slater, so he should look to the coast, he looks like a promising player.
i believe he signed a 3 year deal with melbourne only a couple of months ago, but i could be wrong... its been known to happen before... once...

Blaze

Banned
Mister Wright said:
He is hopeless, there are many players who are hopeless and playing first grade. Dane Carlaw, most of the Warriors squad, about 7 Bunnies, among others.

Most of the Warriors squad? That means you are saying over half of them are useless. Name 10 Warriors players who are hopeless

Simon

Blaze said:
Most of the Warriors squad? That means you are saying over half of them are useless. Name 10 Warriors players who are hopeless
Brent Webb, Clinton Toopi, Lance Hohaia and Francis Meli is a good start...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warriors have lost Pael'asina to Wigan.

Unbelievable...Mick Watson said they just couldn't compete with what Wigan were offering, and he said that neither could any other NRL club.

Disappointing loss.

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
The Warriors have lost Pael'asina to Wigan.

Unbelievable...Mick Watson said they just couldn't compete with what Wigan were offering, and he said that neither could any other NRL club.

Disappointing loss.

Unbelievable. That realls ****es me off. The amount of talent we let slip through our fingers is alarming. It doesn't make sense. He was worth keeping

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
Brent Webb, Clinton Toopi, Lance Hohaia and Francis Meli is a good start...

HOPELESS
# Having no hope; despairing.
# Offering no hope; bleak.
# Incurable.
# Having no possibility of solution; impossible

All of those players have ability and all were around when the Warriors had those two magical seasons a couple of years back. They all have ability and are all youngish. Toopi hasn't even been playing that badly. He has been up and down throughout the season. There was a time when he was considered the best centre in the world by many. Meli has potential but I agree with you over the last couple of seasons he has been pretty bad. Webb is adequate.. certainly not hopeless and Hohaia i don't rate that highly but I think he might do alrite now he is playing hooker.

If you are looking for someone who is hopeless at the Warriors look no further than Monty Betham.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
It was an exaggeration, you New Zealand fellows are a stressful bunch.

Blaze

Banned
Mister Wright said:
It was an exaggeration, you New Zealand fellows are a stressful bunch.

Sorry.. I am very defensive about the Warriors though. They are my faviourte sports team by a mile

Craig

World Traveller
Steve Turner maybe another to head the coast. Looked the good last year when he got his chance on the wing or at full back, but is now 3rd choice at least, he is either injured, not in form, or had a falling out with the coaches. And I believe he is off contract next year.

As for Tim Smith, I believe he is off contract at the end of 2007?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The Bulldogs have given up on keeping Anasta by resigning Mason for some stupid amount of money that he isnt worth.

Simon

age_master said:
The Bulldogs have given up on keeping Anasta by resigning Mason for some stupid amount of money that he isnt worth.
Anasta to souths is a certainty. He will be joined by Matt Orford and Steve Bell in 06...

Craig

World Traveller
I hope Bell doesn't leave, but if he wants to go, then there is no point in him staying at Melbourne. Maybe he feels being there has hinded his chances of a rep jumper (The Fox commentators just seem to love him).

Simon

apparently he signed last week, even though its against the rules, i expect Souths to announce his signing on friday or saturday if you want to get techincal...

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Anasta and Orford as halves is an exciting prospect. Especially for a club like Souths. Good luck to them

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
apparently he signed last week, even though its against the rules, i expect Souths to announce his signing on friday or saturday if you want to get techincal...
Where did you hear it from/and/or how reliable are they?